Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Guns
Your choice for home defense... >

Your choice for home defense...

Community
Guns Buy, sell, or trade your guns and gun accessories here.

Your choice for home defense...

Old 01-26-2014, 04:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use a 12 ga pump for in the house and an M1A carbine with a 30 round magazine for outside. I have a handgun in the bedroom for my wife to grab as she heads to the bathroom as a last ditch sanctuary since there is only one door in and it can be locked. She has been trained in the army and will dump a magazine through the door if someone tries to force their way in.

Very few people have the skills to effectively use a handgun in a high stress environment. Anyone that has been in combat will agree with that. If you are serious about protecting yourself and your loved ones, use something other than a handgun as the primary weapon.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:35 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
Save the sound effects for the movies.

Racking it means you didn't have it loaded, which means it wasn't ready when you needed it. Also means you're giving up your advantage of surprise, which is just dumb. Seems like a fellow might feel mighty stupid (among other things), if he racked his shotgun to startle a robber, ended up with a failure to feed, then got shot by the armed intruder.

Handgun on the nightstand for immediate dangers, shotgun beneath the bed to investigate the rest of the house. The Judge is a perfectly good option for a nightstand handgun.
Some good points but if you don't even have the time to rack it, you're already dead.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:37 AM
Spike

Glock 39
Old 02-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Tundra10
I'll offer $50 for your Judge. Since this is the Classifieds I'm guessing you have something to sell.
Old 02-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with nomercy448,, racking a gun gives the intruder a heads up, and then he knows were your at..
Old 02-13-2014, 04:08 AM
Spike

Rem HD 870 pump, with XS night sights and a 350 lumen surefire light attached & loaded with 7 rounds of 3" 00 buck and 6 more in the side saddle.

Last edited by Hunter2678; 02-13-2014 at 04:14 AM.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Spike

Racking the shotgun ( my choice in firearm as well ) does give your location away maybe but it also does something else , Its telling the idiot that's entering your castle he's just made a fatal mistake and you are ready to level his ass , very very very few people come back from a point blank shotgun assault im a alternateing ssg \ slug \ssg load up man it absolutely ruins a guys day .lol
GE
Old 02-13-2014, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

A B&E intruder would be freaked out by the sound of shotgun pump or racking the slide of a pistol and realize he broke into the wrong house. An intruder who came to kill is entirely different, only stopping the intruder will defuse the situatation. My GP-100 is my first reachable firearm and a Mossberg 12 gauge is next on the menu. A DA revolver is ready to go without pumping , cocking, or sliding. Just point and shoot very simple. Ammo capacity in revolvers is low but if you have to reload you are in a firefight and the 12 gauge would be combat applicable.

I have seen what an AK-47 can do in a house. It can penetrate through multiple walls and out the exterior with ease. If multiple people live in your home please taken into consideration your home defense weapons.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:59 AM
Spike

I tend to agree as well, not only does it let the intruder know you're there, its also says to the jury you gave the idiot(s) a final chance to flee the house they broke into, and if they chose to remain in the house after that, then they had a death wish or death wish for you.

Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Racking the shotgun ( my choice in firearm as well ) does give your location away maybe but it also does something else , Its telling the idiot that's entering your castle he's just made a fatal mistake and you are ready to level his ass , very very very few people come back from a point blank shotgun assault im a alternateing ssg \ slug \ssg load up man it absolutely ruins a guys day .lol
GE

Last edited by Hunter2678; 02-17-2014 at 06:04 AM.