Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Which of three >

Which of three

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which of three

Old 12-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Flip a coin, by the sound of your track record, you won't hold onto it very long anyway if you don't like the one you pick.

Of the 3, I'd get the 1911. I have a few Glocks, and have had several others, never really had one that I LOVED shooting. I've never had a 1911 that I did not thoroughly enjoy shooting. The HK left me wanting more, most seemed like a lot of hype once I put some rounds through it. Well crafted, purpose built, accurate, and smooth, but nothing that turned my crank about the HK's.

One that didn't make your list is the Sig. I've never shot a Sig I didn't love.

One thing you're failing to consider, however, since this is a defensive pistol, is the functional features. Single action striker fired Glock vs. a manual safety, hammer fired, single action 1911 vs. a double action decocker HK45.... Apples and oranges... and the differences matter for defensive shooting.
Old 12-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

My 9mm glock i mainly sold cause i decided i didnt want to carry a 9mm the 45 sub it was sell or walk back to indy from florida. Im considering the functionality. Main reason im leaning toward glock. Iv always liked the no safety and striker pull fire. No hammer to have to pull back or come back as u shoot. When i had my ruger p89 i loved it but to me i did like leaving the hammer back and i could feel the extra pull to fire the first shot.

Like u said bout the hk it felt good in my hands but idk kind felt like a toy to me. Coulda just been the light weight and size plus the fact i had only been shooting and carrying a glock 21 big diff in the toy. I liked the light weight and size but maybe just to small. But the sub compact 45 glock felt same way at first. The day i got it i got out the shop late and he did not have a holster so i left the chamber cleared and put it in my pocket on my shorts cause i was going to a carnival and my doors and top was off my jeep. Never knew it was there. You could not tell either. A cop i was good friends with came up to me told him bout my new glock he was surprised i was not carrying it. Im of the mind u carry u carry 24/7 unless ur going somewhere ur not allowed to carry. He was surpised when i told him i was carrying it in shorts and a tshirt. Ended up getting a black hawk holster never knew it was there. Msin reason im thinkin an hk or sub compact glock aswell. But since 90% the time ill be carrying will be hunting hiking and such in the rockies i dont see being completely concealed a must likely when im hunting itll be on my belt. From what iv been told by locals is up here in the mountains everyone is easy going cause most carry and theres little shock factor when u go in a store or such. Where iv been places or with someone who got told to leave cause their gun on their belt
Old 12-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
Dang, must be getting old!!!!!!!!!!!

Have Glocks really been around 20 years, doesn't seem that long....
You think you are getting old?
We switched over from S&W 357 mags to Glock 17s about 1987. I had two emotions, laughter at the idea of a plastic 9mm and sorrow over the loss of my trusty 686. A little experience with the Glock and the laughter stopped.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:29 AM
Spike

You've owned glocks before, now be adventurous. I would buy something new in this order.

1. 1911
2. HK
3. Glock
Old 12-07-2013, 07:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Kinda my thought. Im waiting on my settlement from a bad wreck. If i get what im thinkin prob buy a glock 21 and either the hk or 1911. If i go 1911 i buy the sub compact glock 45.
If not prob the glock or hk.
Thanks for ur help guys