Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
RCBS does it again!!!!!!! >

RCBS does it again!!!!!!!

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

RCBS does it again!!!!!!!

Old 11-07-2013, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RCBS does it again!!!!!!!

I had an older set of RCBS dies and was experiencing a problem with them. I packed them up and sent them off last Thursday. UPS said it was over a pound and charged me $50 insurance and Priority Mail. Off it goes.
Tuesday they call me and said they got the package and NOTHING INSIDE!!!!!! They said that they could see where my dies had been, the package was opened/came open, and then was closed back. I told them about why I was sending the dies back for replacement, not repair. They had my phone number from previous dealings with me from some custom die work I have had them do for me.
I told them I would call my P/O and go from there. They referred me to the P/O in Calif. and as I was speaking to their Postmaster, RCBS was calling me. I clicked over to find out that they had spoke to their Customer Manager and he said to just send me a new set with shellholder, no cost!!!!!!!! They said that they were going to contact their mail carrier the next morning and see if a set had been found and if so, send them to them. It is now Thursday and I just got my new set in the mail. Back in business!!! Great going RCBS!!!! Lifetime customer!!!!! Has nothing to with having 3 RCBS presses and over 31 sets of dies, scales, powder measures and various other things from them!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

A few years back, I ordered a new fly rod from Bass Pro, UPS delivered an empty, opened box...

Thankfully, Bass Pro shipped me another...A friend of mine with UPS says they have hired so many temp workers they have boxes that lose their contents quite often...
Old 11-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I struck out on my own earlier this year to open an archery shop inside an existing outfitter, I had my string jig that I ordered from BCY 'vanish'. Wonder what the scum bag thought was in there... all it was was a 110" long piece of C channel with a measurement tape on it.

What does a package thief do with all this stuff anyway?
Old 11-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Fork Horn

I called RCBS about a 7x57 sizing die that was not sizing right. Sent the die to them and ended up with 2 at no charge. Good company!!!
Old 11-08-2013, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

Primo customer service = lots of repeat business.

RCBS got my first repeat in the mid 70s.
Old 11-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Spike

It's great to hear about customer service like that, so many companies just don't care.
Old 11-08-2013, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

SecondChance,
That's an awesome story! Usually, for every one of these stories there are countless other stories that went the other way! I'm happy for you.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DROX
SecondChance,
That's an awesome story! Usually, for every one of these stories there are countless other stories that went the other way! I'm happy for you.
Thanks. 99% of the time with my luck, it is me on the other end of the good stories!!!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I currently have a barreled action (custom .270) lost somewhere in the mail...it shipped to me over two weeks ago...Wyoming to California.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

Yep, RCBS is good to go. You paid $50 to ship a set of dies though? Holy cow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.