HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Great Answer From Remington, Real Professional (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/386138-great-answer-remington-real-professional.html)

BOWHUNTERCOP 10-18-2013 03:17 AM

Great Answer From Remington, Real Professional

I asked Remington back in the spring the ETA on the Accutip 20ga., 3" they told me September or early October. I called and emailed them yesterday, I didn't get a email reply but when I called and asked the same question they told me "WE HAVE NO IDEA!!" With such success with this ammo you would think they would be working hard to meet the demand. Now I have plenty of this ammo but it's so great I would buy more just to have, when the time comes and I need more ammo and I can't find it I will opt for the Federal Vital-Shok Trophy Coppers

Major Woods 10-18-2013 07:03 AM

They currently have more demand than ability to manufacture, end of story.

nchawkeye 10-18-2013 08:04 AM

I would rather hear the truth then be lied to.....

BOWHUNTERCOP 10-18-2013 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Major Woods (Post 4090205)
They currently have more demand than ability to manufacture, end of story.

Yes I agree but even the on-line stores or even the local stores have said they haven't even touched their backorders for this ammo, and they even can't get any answers from Remington

Bullcamp82834 10-18-2013 10:21 AM

Must be frustrating to be marketing a product with such a high demand that you can't produce it fast enough.

:)

jsk1968 10-18-2013 07:17 PM

I went looking the other day, found one box. Both dealers told me that they were discontinuing the 3". Looks like they were wrong. Glad I bought a bunch last season. I did buy a box of the Federal Vital-Shoks just to see how the 220F likes them. Gonna shot some this Sunday.

SwampCollie 10-28-2013 06:16 AM

All of the wholesale distributors have already told us that there will be no more available in 2013. We have known that since the spring. Plenty of 2 3/4" available. Suck up the 100fps loss and keep killin deer.

SwampCollie 11-03-2013 04:00 AM

Apparently someone got wind of this thread and came to our shop and bought every single box of 2 3/4" we had... case and a half worth!

BOWHUNTERCOP 11-03-2013 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by SwampCollie (Post 4092693)
All of the wholesale distributors have already told us that there will be no more available in 2013. We have known that since the spring. Plenty of 2 3/4" available. Suck up the 100fps loss and keep killin deer.

the distributors are wrong, the answer I got from Remington when I made this thread was from person who didn't want to put the truth out there, that the demand for this sabot slug was more then what Remington could handle, now they are playing catch up and it's going to take a few months for them to do so, but slowly they can be found, and when they are jump on it. My friend found them on-line, it showed in stock buy the time he was done filling out the order they where sold out

Murdy 11-03-2013 07:22 AM

I haven't seen any 2 3/4 at several places I shop at. I'm sighted in with it, and probably have enough for the year, but it would be nice to have a little back up.

I tried the Federal Vital-Shok Trophy Coppers this year, and they shot fine out of my 220, also shot the Winchester Dual Bond's fine.