Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Sako 85 Synthetic Stainless in US >

Sako 85 Synthetic Stainless in US

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Sako 85 Synthetic Stainless in US

Old 10-12-2013, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Proud owner of a Sako A7 Stainless in 7MM RM.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:56 AM
Typical Buck

Basspro in Baltimore has t3 stainless steal rifles in stock.
Old 10-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Fork Horn

I have owned 2 Sako rifles (hunter 75 and 85). My synthetic stocks on the Sako were average quality and not that attractive. They are very nice rifle but their safety was out of place and odd to operate for me. They also require their own proprietary scope mounts that are pricy. Accurate was good but no more than any other premium brands. I personally believe the new Winchester M70 made in South Carolina are a better gun. Unfortunately they are hard to find in the more popular calibers.

Last edited by Mystro; 10-15-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Spike

Still not having any luck finding the 85 synthetic stainless. No luck at Bolsa (but thanks for the link). I don't want to give in a settle for the Finnlight (not a big fan of the gray inserts on the stock and a fluted barrel).

My next consideration is a Forbes. The only downside that I can come up with for it is it might be too light.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

Finnlight is a better value and better all around than the regular 85, which is why it's more readily available.