Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
info on remington auto shotgun >

info on remington auto shotgun

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

info on remington auto shotgun

Old 08-25-2013, 07:23 AM
Spike

Default info on remington auto shotgun

i have a chance to buy a remington shotgun thats in fair to good condition. its a auto .16 ga. it has the sportsman wrote on it and has a pheasant on it also. it is made on the browning pattern. the guy that has it bought it with a bunch of other guns about 25 years ago. he is selling all his guns and has gave me the chance to get it but he wants me to make a offer. about how much are these shotguns worth in fair condition, its all original, stock and forearm has a few scratches but nothing rough the finish is dull. barrel has good blue with no rust its is imp cyl. no rib. the receiver has some wear on it with a few scratch marks but not real bad. the gun shoots well and doesn't jam. what would be the top price for a used gun like this and a low great deal price. thanks if you can help.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=361546161
RR
Old 08-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Spike

that one is close to the gun i am talking about but it doesn't have model 11 on it or a ribbed barrel and not in as nice of shape.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

does the barrel move back and forth under recoil?
RR
Old 09-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it has a Browning A-5 type square back it is likely a Remington Model 11, which were made on the Browning patent starting in the early 1900's. Made in 20,16 and 12 ga. Sounds like it is in typical "Good" condition. Other than one in exceptional condition, with a very low serial number, these are not yet considered as "collectible". I suspect $250-$300 max. RR's observation is correct .... push the barrel towards the stock. If it is a Browning type action, it will slide back.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:51 AM
Spike

got the shotgun for $100. took it to town to the local sporting goods shop and the guy thats the gunsmith there said it was worth way more than what i gave for it and made me a offer for it. now he owns it.
Old 09-05-2013, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lol... it all worked out then. Good job unloading that 16 gauge.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I couldn't have flipped it so quickly. 16s are sweet.

I would have held on to it and MIGHT have sold it for some cash down the road towards something else.

But maybe you will be buying something else.....