Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 Tikka or Howa, which would you buy? >

Tikka or Howa, which would you buy?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Tikka or Howa, which would you buy?

Old 09-27-2003, 01:06 PM

Default RE: Tikka or Howa, which would you buy?

Well, I found my rifle. Or I should say I found a dealer who can get my rifle in. It' s the Tikka WH Stainless/Laminate Stock in .270. They want $595.00 for it so I' m going to check around and see if I can get a better deal. That' s only 20.00 more than the WH Deluxe that Academy Sports has, and Academy won' t special order the version I want. I know I could probably get one online, but by the time I pay shipping and then a fee for an FFL holder to receive it, I' m not sure I' d save any money. So unless I can find one at Bass Pro that I can pick-up, I' ll be getting that rifle. There' s only one dealer in Tulsa that carries it, so I am kind of limited.

Now I need to find a good silver scope for it!!
Old 09-27-2003, 02:02 PM

Danny45 - I think you' re right about the extra costs incurred in buying and shipping to your local dealer. Here are a couple of links anyhow: http://www.ableammo.com/mall/guns_rifle_tikka_main.asp and http://www.garnerssportinggoods.com/...rms/rifles.htm. I had my heart set on a Whitetail Hunter 7mm-08, ended up having it shipped from Garner' s to my local shop after the locals gave up the chase and couldn' t find one. In your case you' d definitely end up paying more than if you went with your local dealer.
Old 09-27-2003, 08:23 PM

Thanks for the info everybody, I do appreciate it. Once I get it, and get all the other stuff I need, I' ll give a range report. I' m getting ansy already.