Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
trading in guns? >

trading in guns?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

trading in guns?

Old 01-30-2002, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default trading in guns?

how many of you have? Everytime I Am going to i always end up keeping it. every gun i have has a memory with it and i just cant let it go. maybe thats why the cabinet is full?

Edited by - super magnum on 01/30/2002 22:09:48
Old 01-30-2002, 09:59 PM
BT
Typical Buck

Default RE: trading in guns?

I usto be verybad about trading them in. I was rased around guns and my dad diten care how many i got sold or bought. I tryed differnt guns and cal. nearly every deer seasion and some times during deer seassion. I realy trayed mil. serplus alot I tryed differt cal and diff. modlesof masurs and engfilds springfilds. the one i most miss is a 303 brt. jungel carbin #5 i think I got it form a man that brought it back after ww2 and it was in gat shape --I have sean where gibs is making or remaking the gun I migh have to get one
Old 01-31-2002, 12:16 AM

The closest I have gone to trading in gus was to borrow money from a freind with the guns as collateral, and that aint happening again ( only reason I got the guns back this time was I have a very good freind who didnt want my guns, and figured I aught to have em! Still owe him money that will be paid back with taxes ). Onle gun I have ever gotten rid of, I sold to get the $$ for my current sidearm. It was a half worn out LLamma 9mm and I told the guy who bought it all about its quirks.

Just my uneducated opinion!
Terry
Old 01-31-2002, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

I hate getting rid of guns period. But I have, simply because I don't have the time any more to keep every one of them cleaned and oiled as I would like. Without being able to do it at my leisure it seems to be more of a chore than enjoyment. If it's not being used very often then I'll trade for something that might be used more often or like quilly said, trade it in on an upgraded gun.
Old 01-31-2002, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I figure if I haven't shot it in 3 years or more it's time to sell and get something that I will use. I don't know how many guns I have owned over the years...certainly in the hundreds. I have kept my dad's pump shotgun, his .22 semi and the 30-30 he gave me for my 16th birthday. The rest are up for grabs when I no longer shoot them.
Old 01-31-2002, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I try to get rid of guns that are useless to me, and replace them with something that I'll shoot...Just like Steve said.

Problem is, after a while, they're all useful and you still need more!!! LOL