Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Buyin from walmart >

Buyin from walmart

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Buyin from walmart

Old 08-10-2013, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
WalMart not only sells cheap grade Rem 700s , they also have a secret deal with the government in which the guns they sell have tiny transmitters imbedded under the buttplate that allows the Feds to track your movements.

My brother in law is a janitor in the Federal building in Casper and he told me all about it. A file clerk he is doing told him so it has to be good info.
Oh My Gosh!! That's funny stuff right there!!! You missed your true calling! Well played Sir!
Old 08-10-2013, 07:36 PM
Spike

I've bought several guns at Walmart. All have been great guns. They've recently stopped selling rifles and shotguns here in Delaware. Talked the clerk in the sporting goods dept the other night, she said Walmart was gonna stop selling guns other than muzzleloaders in all stores in the US. This post has me wondering if what she said was true. Either way the Seaford Delaware store quit selling firearms.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jsk1968
I've bought several guns at Walmart. All have been great guns. They've recently stopped selling rifles and shotguns here in Delaware. Talked the clerk in the sporting goods dept the other night, she said Walmart was gonna stop selling guns other than muzzleloaders in all stores in the US. This post has me wondering if what she said was true. Either way the Seaford Delaware store quit selling firearms.
This has been a widely debated topic since the Newtown shooting in CT...one day rumor is that Wal-Mart is going to stop selling guns and the next day the opposite is reported. I don't believe I have seen any official report from Wal-Crap about their future intentions...and I haven't darkened the doors of a Wal-Crap for well over a decade...but I do know one of my brothers purchased an AR at one in Washington State store as recent as last week.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if it's still up, but as late as March was the last time I saw it. There's a notice on Walmart's web page (like any other guns, you had to search for it, and won't find links directly there) that states their policy on having firearms in their stores.

The long and short of it is that certain stores will have them, certain stores will not. In those markets where it benefits their stores, they sell them. In certain market areas where the value isn't there, they don't sell it. They use this standard with pretty much any item in their stores, very similar to the collegiate or pro sports team branded merchandise they sell. In my un-official observation study thus far, it seems like more metropolitan area walmarts tend to not carry firearms at all, whereas many of our smaller 'country cities' walmarts do.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Typical Buck

I got asked in a Walmart once if the 22LR ammo I wished to buy was for a rifle or a handgun. WTF ?????

I was clearly of age to buy handgun ammo. I said I didn't care to answer the question and asked to talk to a manager. The "manager" said they had to ask the question per store policy and state law. (Don't know about internal policy but its BS on state law)

I told the clown I didn't own a 22 handgun (a lie) and the ammo was for a rifle. This seemed to satisfy the idiot and I got my ammo.

And this occurred in Wyoming of all places.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
WalMart not only sells cheap grade Rem 700s , they also have a secret deal with the government in which the guns they sell have tiny transmitters imbedded under the buttplate that allows the Feds to track your movements.

My brother in law is a janitor in the Federal building in Casper and he told me all about it. A file clerk he is doing told him so it has to be good info.
When did the Sports Lure start telling tinfoil hats?
Old 08-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had the privilege of knowing old Sam Walton on a personal level. He was a very cool dude. I have no problem shopping at Walmart and probably will until the day I quit shopping.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:27 PM
Spike

I wouldn't hesitated and didn't as I recently purchased the 700 BDL in 270 Win that I had been eying. Shot it for the first time today and shoots as good if not better than any of my other guns.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:40 PM
Fork Horn

not sure about lesser quality on a rem 700,but I do know that there are maybe special run rifles for lots of different stores my walmart used to have wby vanguards that were a lot nicer then the regular run vanguards had fiberglass bedded tan fleck web stocks and still only sold for 399 as were u could go to a major gun store and same price u got the cheaper stock version for the same price
Old 08-12-2013, 10:26 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
I had the privilege of knowing old Sam Walton on a personal level. He was a very cool dude. I have no problem shopping at Walmart and probably will until the day I quit shopping.
I never met Sam but I bet he would have a stroke if he walked into some of the Walmarts I've been in over the last few years.

To wit:

Sioux Falls, SD
Rapid City, SD
Sidney, NE

No offense intended to members here who may work at the named stores.

I did see an old lady walking a goat on a leash in the Sioux Falls store. Maybe it was a service animal helping her find the lingerie section.

Walmart should require a cover charge for the entertainment.