HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   tasco world class scopes (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/3838-tasco-world-class-scopes.html)

rochelle 01-30-2002 09:02 PM

tasco world class scopes

I hunt with a riffle once a year out of state and got a tasco world class for my 30.06. I looked at more expensive scopes but didnt see the need for it. With a week hunt a year. Anyone use this scope?

Adui13 01-31-2002 12:04 AM

RE: tasco world class scopes

Greets,
I do not, however the guy I hunt with has had one on his .270 since before I met him, that was 6 or 7 years ago. He loves it, its a 3-9x40, he regularly takes target shots out past 400yds, and took his deer 2 years ago at 400+. I say for a low end scope its a damn fine one.

Just my uneducated opinion!
Terry

riflenut 01-31-2002 07:41 AM

After owning many Tasco's over the years I've some to this conclusion. The only Tasco's that will sit on top a rifle I own are the ones made in JAPAN. All others are junk.I have 3 Japanese made Tasco's at present and they are OK.

RonM 01-31-2002 07:57 AM

I have 2 of them and think they're great.

Zeak 01-31-2002 03:46 PM

I've got 3 of them and like them fine. Good scope for the money,like them better than a Redfield I have.

BigEd 01-31-2002 06:33 PM

The Japanse made Tasco World Class, World Class Plus and "Custom Shop" scopes are good scopes. Used to have a 12?-60x56 Custom Shop monster on my .300mag it always held and repeated it's zero. I got stupid and sold it. I wouldn't put their new commie made trash on anything heavier than a .22!!!

jessejames 02-01-2002 05:10 AM

I have questions about the new stuff as well. I have sent back two of them and received new ones. Focus seems to be lost and zero is lost from time to time.

340WBYMAG 02-01-2002 07:25 AM

Has anyone here used their Euroclass or Titan line of scopes? They're supposed to be their top of the line models but I heard they're build like a tank and their optics are not very good.

BigEd 02-01-2002 07:49 PM

The ones made in JAPAN were good China forget it!!!

JagMagMan 02-02-2002 04:09 AM

You can get a bad scope in any brand. Maybe the newer Tasco's are better but I will never know, because I'll never buy another one! I bought one World Class and it lasted for about four years and broke. Tasco sent me a new one, after three months of waiting. It zeroed fine at the range, but could not handle the ATV rides in the field! I took it back to the range and no two shots were closer than four inches apart at 100 yards!
Remember, you get what you pay for, and a cheap scope will fail you at the worst posible time!
To me a good Leupold scope is too cheap at +/= 225.00 for me to buy anything less!
Also, if the Leupold ever does break it will be replaced or repaired within days, not months!