Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Moron at the range today >

Moron at the range today

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Moron at the range today

Old 08-04-2013, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by topgun 3006
***probably voted for obama twice too, lol!!!
+1..........lol
Old 08-06-2013, 11:27 AM
Typical Buck

atleast this guy was just dumb and not un-safe, atleast from what you said. i was at the range with my buddy a couple weeks ago and i just yelled clear so we could go out and check our targets. i watched some foreign fella rack another round into the chamber, look around, put the gun on safe and point it down range. i was havin none of it, and made him unload it.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, it makes me glad that I have private land to shoot on.
Old 08-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unless I am wrong the only Savage offered in 338 Lapau is a $2500 tactical rifle. Anyone that would put other than a great scope on such a rifle is indeed a bonafide moron.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mojotex
Unless I am wrong the only Savage offered in 338 Lapau is a $2500 tactical rifle. Anyone that would put other than a great scope on such a rifle is indeed a bonafide moron.
Actually, there seem to be a couple other models aside from the one you reference. I recall them being sold as the Model 111 "Long Range Hunter."

Although it's been ages since I've seen one, I remember one as looking relatively "normal" aside from an adjustable cheekpiece and the other looking more "tactical" with a larger box mag and the same adjustable cheekpiece. Nothing like the all-out tactical model with the pistol-grip stock.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:34 AM
Spike

That type of firearms owner does give me a little concern because a)they typically learn everything they know from the internet, b) have little training and don't usually have an experienced friend or family member who can mentor them, and c) if the only gun they own is a "1000 yd rifle" you have to wonder what they really think the purpose of a firearm is. JMHO.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I guess after the guy shoots enough rounds he will ask questions because his shoulder will be sore and he will have just spent a heck of a lot of money on ammo. If he doesn't, he is truly stupid.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think we all have our "range moron" stories. Too bad we don't have a separate category here for them. Some of us could be amused. Some of us might recognize ourselves.
Not a bad idea for a separate category at all - a good name might be "There I Was..."