Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

30-30 Win

Old 07-25-2013, 06:59 AM
Spike

Default 30-30 Win

Have manufacturers stop making 30-30 Win ammunition? I have a Marlin 336C that I haven't used in several years but have a stand that is ideal for a 30-30. I went on line to see about getting some ammunition and it appears no one is carrying it. Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2013, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

The major online stores have it. It is more expensive at bass pro, cabelas and gander mountain but I did see they had it in stock.
Old 07-25-2013, 07:42 AM
Spike

Cabelas isn't advertising 30-30, and BassPro shops is saying it's out of stock; as well as Midway USA. I'll check again. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I'm not seeing a lot either. I saw thirty boxes of 150gr Core-Lokts at a Cabela's over Memorial Day weekend. I went back the next day and they were gone. I have a couple of hundred rounds, so I'm set for a while. Only deer I killed last year (nine point) I killed with a Marlin 336 in 30-30. I love that rifle for deer and javelina.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

This continued scarcity of ammo has baffled me. Oh, I am am aware of "Obama" panic, but man, there has to be an end to the madness !!

When I have found factory hunting ammo lately it has been priced through the roof or it is some odd ball maker or loaded with some less than popular bullet weight ....

One of my good buddies runs a very successful gun shop. He carries about anything in hunting and personal protection fire arms, specializing in quality hand guns and defense long guns. He told me that he has ordered and received and sold more factory loaded ammo in the past 4 1/2 of years than he had in the previous 15. He and I have talked at length about this issue. He is surprised how the extremely heavy demand is holding on.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, Mojotex, are you on TBH?
Old 07-26-2013, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

I was on Gander Mountains website last night. They had 2 types in stock if you still need it.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

there has to be an end to the madness !!
I keep thinking the same thing. Here in Phoenix stuff is starting to come back. There are ARs on the shelves now and .223 ammo is showing up as well. Of course I have not seen a box of .22 since November.

I wonder if manufacturers are holding back on the less popular ammo such as 30-30 to focus on the more popular ammo...?

I have a feeling there will be some good deals on ARs in December.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:12 AM
Typical Buck

If you have an alco store around you check them out they seem to keep getting ammo on the shelves.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Mojotex
This continued scarcity of ammo has baffled me. Oh, I am am aware of "Obama" panic, but man, there has to be an end to the madness !!
I know... The huge, never ending, lines at the gun shows always tell the tale of the "Obama panic". People are still freaking out and buying up CASES of ammo!

.30-30 ammo used to be all over the place. .308 .270 .30-06 etc... was everywhere too. You used to be able to pull into any roadside "mom 'n pop" store in rural America, and they'd have a wide variety of ammo on a shelf next to the fishing supplies. Not anymore...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.