HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Scope covers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/380684-scope-covers.html)

dejager 04-11-2013 05:44 AM

Scope covers

For my bushnell scope on my .243 I have see through flip up scope covers and this year yote hunting one of the came off in the woods. Does andybody know of a way to glue or secure the covers on my scope so they dont fall off again.

Wayspr 04-11-2013 08:20 AM

If you get the correct ones, they shouldn't fall off. I've been using them for 18+ years on multiple rifles and never a problem.

Mojotex 04-11-2013 04:14 PM

If I were going to "glue" the covers, I'd try some of this easy peal off sticky stuff. Sooner or later I suspect you'd like to take them off. This product might work good for this. I am not sure if it will or will not discolor the finish on the scope.

Nomercy448 04-11-2013 08:11 PM

Electrical tape. Comes off easy, touch of alcohol to remove residue, holds tight and stretches to form fit so it doesn't look too bad.

Or, if you want a cleaner look, layer a wrap or two inside the scope cover to make it fit tighter.

That's only to fix the ones you already have that don't fit properly. Best answer is to buy the right size in the first place.

Wingbone 04-12-2013 03:39 AM

Some of those see-thru flip-up's are pretty chinsey. My experience with them has been the same as Wayspr's. Pay a little more, get the correct one's and you won't have a problem with them.

Topgun 3006 04-12-2013 05:15 AM

Some just won't fit as tight as they should even when you get the correct match for the scope. I've had a couple like that and did what Nomercy448 mentioned by wrapping just enough electrical tape around the end of the scope tube so that when you push the cover on it will be good and tight. All my newer Leupolds have the $40 screw in covers that look fantastic and will never come off.

fritz1 04-12-2013 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006 (Post 4050303)
Some just won't fit as tight as they should even when you get the correct match for the scope. I've had a couple like that and did what Nomercy448 mentioned by wrapping just enough electrical tape around the end of the scope tube so that when you push the cover on it will be good and tight. All my newer Leupolds have the $40 screw in covers that look fantastic and will never come off.

Yep, Leupolds scope covers are the best!

kansaswiderack 04-12-2013 12:41 PM

my problem with flip ups has been breaking at the hinge. is this what you are trying to glue? i have had zero luck with this repair.

dejager 04-15-2013 05:31 AM

thanks for all the input. i was very surprised to see that they came off when i put them on i had a heck of a time getting them on.

polaris754 04-17-2013 02:37 PM

personlly i dont like them, its just something else u have to think about useing, SIMPLE WERKS!