Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Scope covers >

Scope covers

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Scope covers

Old 04-11-2013, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default Scope covers

For my bushnell scope on my .243 I have see through flip up scope covers and this year yote hunting one of the came off in the woods. Does andybody know of a way to glue or secure the covers on my scope so they dont fall off again.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Typical Buck

If you get the correct ones, they shouldn't fall off. I've been using them for 18+ years on multiple rifles and never a problem.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I were going to "glue" the covers, I'd try some of this easy peal off sticky stuff. Sooner or later I suspect you'd like to take them off. This product might work good for this. I am not sure if it will or will not discolor the finish on the scope.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Electrical tape. Comes off easy, touch of alcohol to remove residue, holds tight and stretches to form fit so it doesn't look too bad.

Or, if you want a cleaner look, layer a wrap or two inside the scope cover to make it fit tighter.

That's only to fix the ones you already have that don't fit properly. Best answer is to buy the right size in the first place.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some of those see-thru flip-up's are pretty chinsey. My experience with them has been the same as Wayspr's. Pay a little more, get the correct one's and you won't have a problem with them.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Some just won't fit as tight as they should even when you get the correct match for the scope. I've had a couple like that and did what Nomercy448 mentioned by wrapping just enough electrical tape around the end of the scope tube so that when you push the cover on it will be good and tight. All my newer Leupolds have the $40 screw in covers that look fantastic and will never come off.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Some just won't fit as tight as they should even when you get the correct match for the scope. I've had a couple like that and did what Nomercy448 mentioned by wrapping just enough electrical tape around the end of the scope tube so that when you push the cover on it will be good and tight. All my newer Leupolds have the $40 screw in covers that look fantastic and will never come off.
Yep, Leupolds scope covers are the best!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:41 PM
Typical Buck

my problem with flip ups has been breaking at the hinge. is this what you are trying to glue? i have had zero luck with this repair.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

thanks for all the input. i was very surprised to see that they came off when i put them on i had a heck of a time getting them on.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

personlly i dont like them, its just something else u have to think about useing, SIMPLE WERKS!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.