Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Some .22 LR ammo is available >

Some .22 LR ammo is available

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Some .22 LR ammo is available

Old 02-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Some .22 LR ammo is available

I have seen .22LR ammo for sale on sites like Midway early in the morning - say 6 AM Eastern. It only lasts a few minutes before it is sold out. I have recently seen Remington, Federal, and Winchester bulk packs - at normal prices.

I did not buy any as it was not the ammo that I normally shoot, and I do not believe in hoarding. The self centered guys that are hoarding, or trying to support their image as tacticool dudes are the problem. All of the ammo that I have seen lately has limits for the amount anyone is allowed to purchase, and it is still all gone in minutes.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

I think it will get better. After this I will never get caught without a big stack of supplies.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Alabama I can't find a box of 22 or 17 HMR shells anywhere. Gonna stock up as soon as I find some though!
Old 02-19-2013, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah its just stupid what is going on. I refuse to pay what the going rates are now. I know it will get better.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:18 AM
Spike

No 22lr can be found where I am. Walmart, Dicks, Scheels, Gander Mtn, nowhere. What irritated me was the beautiful 8 page flyer Gander Mountain put out about 2 weeks ago advertising some gorgeous guns, as well as any type of ammunition you needed. They knew full well they didn't have many of the items they listed, but decided to leave the ad as is, and just put up apology signs inside the store. That is as close to bait and switch as you can get.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was in a Walmart yesterday when the jerk behind the sporting goods counter bragged that he and each of his sons had each bought at least 12 bricks each of .22 LR ammo as soon as the shortage started. He was proud that his family had bought out that Walmart's supply! He also said that he doesn't even shoot much, but he thought it was a good "investment".
Greedy SOB.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

Cabelas in Kansas City had a few boxes of 22LR left. Walmart, Dicks, and all the mom-n-pops stores are 100% out of anything from 22 shorts to .357.
I also read a news story the other day that Dept of Homeland Security has requested more than 1.6 Billion rounds from all of the US manufacturers in anything from .22 to 7.62. This has caused a huge part of the shortage
Old 02-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skiftcky
Cabelas in Kansas City had a few boxes of 22LR left. Walmart, Dicks, and all the mom-n-pops stores are 100% out of anything from 22 shorts to .357.
I also read a news story the other day that Dept of Homeland Security has requested more than 1.6 Billion rounds from all of the US manufacturers in anything from .22 to 7.62. This has caused a huge part of the shortage

......I may have read the same article as you about the government buying up all the ammo, storing it in large steel containers, and setting it in strategic locations around the country. The same article alluded to armor-plated FEMA vehicles being seen on trailers going who-knows-where.
Personally, I'm not putting much faith in those reports. It's getting harder and harder to believe some of the stuff that is passed down as "Gospel", particularly if it came from the Internet. I was at a very large gun wholesale-retail operation here in north-central Pennsylvania just last week, and yes, the .22 and handgun ammo was scarce. One sign posted at the .22 ammo area said "One brick per family per month", and the stuff that was left was an off-brand that most people wouldn't buy if the good stuff was available. No 9mm ammo at all. A little .380. But you know what's interesting?? Nearly any caliber centerfire ammo, with the exception of .223 was on the shelves, and could be had. Just further convinced me that this is probably one of the worst cases of panic-buying I have ever seen, and ever hope to see.

Oh, and how many of you watched VP Joe Biden last night (2/19/13) tell a female caller on a talk show he was on that all she needed to protect herself and family with was a double-barreled shotgun. He said she had no need for an AR-15 or guns of that magnitude, or weapons with high-capacity magazines. Where in the blazes does this guy get off telling ANYBODY what gun they should have or need in their own personal home?? He talked to her like she was some kind of idiot. What a condescending, smug-faced ass.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:56 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by GTX63
No 22lr can be found where I am. Walmart, Dicks, Scheels, Gander Mtn, nowhere. What irritated me was the beautiful 8 page flyer Gander Mountain put out about 2 weeks ago advertising some gorgeous guns, as well as any type of ammunition you needed. They knew full well they didn't have many of the items they listed, but decided to leave the ad as is, and just put up apology signs inside the store. That is as close to bait and switch as you can get.
I have seen the same type of advertising and it's pissing me off too.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our local Bucheits just had this AM about 5k rounds of PMC ammo in .380, 38 Spec and 357 Mag. Nothing in 9, 22, 40 or 45.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.