Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Where has all the .22LR ammo gone? >

Where has all the .22LR ammo gone?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Where has all the .22LR ammo gone?

Old 02-20-2013, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Survival ammo is right. Even at the ridiculous prices some are paying now .22 is CHEAP compared to everything else. I haven't seen any loaded rifle ammunition that is really much under $40/box of 20 now. Insane. I bought a box of .243 for my son within this past year for $20. Now almost double if you can actually find it.

I refuse to buy any ammo right now. I know it will sort itself out eventually, and should come back down - at least some.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

I am just glad I reload....rarely have I bought any center-fire ammo in several years. I am frustrated I didn't have as much 22LR or 17HMR stashed away as I liked...especially considering between my wife and daughter we shoot a good amount of 22LR. I found 2 bricks of Remington 22LR around Christmas and bought them both as a Cabela's in PA...haven't seen any since. I woulda thought it would have cleared up a little by now but I still have seen hardly any powder or primers anywhere.
Old 02-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Spike

JIT=real time production Major Woods brings up a strong point, but I have to ad its been over 6 weeks, productions even at increased cost should of balanced by this time. So what is the unseen hand controlling this event? Corprate hold out to get even higher profits from the panic buyers> Something is missing and I wish I could put my finger on it....
Old 02-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can also add, to the JIT manner of production. The time of year it is.
This is when EVERY supplier is rebounding from Dec. TAX SEASON. They have to pay tax on all inventory on hand.

So it takes time to rebuild what was lost.
Compound this with the re-election of the greatest gun salesman in history, and you have a shortage of product that hasn't been seen in several years.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by s. il. hntr
Dang it, the light bulb just went off. I was in Cabelas about a week after Newtown, and noticed Winchester changed the 333 & 555 white box stuff to a new box and the price did go up. Same round , different box, and higher price.
What is 333 and 555 stuff?
Old 02-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Typical Buck

Its just the plain ammo with either 333 rounds or 555 rounds per box, but they started putting it in a fancy box and raised the price.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:02 PM
Typical Buck

Old 02-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by s. il. hntr
I see. Its been so long since I have seen any 22 ammo on the shelves I forgot what it looked like!!!!!:eek2
Old 02-21-2013, 02:53 PM
Spike

This is so frustrating. Nothing on Wisconsin shelves either. I've never seen such a thing like this happen. I know a guy who took out his retirement early and was willing to pay the massive tax so he could hoard. Not too happy with him. But the current political climate is making people crazy.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SecondChance
I see. Its been so long since I have seen any 22 ammo on the shelves I forgot what it looked like!!!!!:eek2

yeah I hear ya there. never thought there would be a day I didn't see .22lr in a store.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.