Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Where has all the .22LR ammo gone? >

Where has all the .22LR ammo gone?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Where has all the .22LR ammo gone?

Old 02-19-2013, 12:53 PM
Spike

Default Where has all the .22LR ammo gone?

Its been well over 6, weeks now can some explain why a fresh stock of .22 long rifle ammunition is not entering into the market place in great amounts many of the online dealsers are still listed as out of stock, along with many of the outdoor retail stores. I can understand running out with all the new firearms being sold and everyone stocking up. But I have yet to see any of these retailers showing the item back in stock. I find this very odd because both the bulk cheap stuff and the expensive target/hunting ammo is GONE. One would think one form of this would start to filter back into the market. anyone have ideas on this? My thinking is the dept. of home land gun control is buying it all up so you might have a nice gun but you can't get no bullets......
Old 02-19-2013, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check this thread out... it's BS for hunters, that's all I know.

I was sick of not finding any, so when it came in, you better believe I cleared a shelf. I'm not usually one to add to a problem, but this is unbelievable.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns...-shortage.html
Old 02-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

They had a couple bricks of 500 at the gunshow last weekend...$90 each.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

I find it very hard to believe there wasn't some warehoused for after the initial buyout. Never did see any of my local stores restock the shelves even once. Hell I can still find .223 and 40 S&W, which are the rounds DHS are hoarding. Something stinks.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Spike

CCI,Winchester,Remington are they stalling to run up the price when they do put them back on the shelf. Supply and demand let us get hungry then re-stock the store at 2 or 3 X what they cost before the run? IMHO these are the 3 big producers that should of been able to put product out some place.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

that could very well be what is happening. like i said before, i cant believe there wasn't some in reserve. still dont know why .22lr though.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

Dang it, the light bulb just went off. I was in Cabelas about a week after Newtown, and noticed Winchester changed the 333 & 555 white box stuff to a new box and the price did go up. Same round , different box, and higher price.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

Because 22lr is survival ammo. I can shoot rabbits or deer with it. I can protect my home with them and does not cost me .25 a round,,, yet.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:22 AM
Spike

Guys in the gun depts at Walmart tell me, if they get any in, it may be once a week. What they get is gone in 2 hours or less. People leaving their phone numbers, standing in the isle waiting for the stockers, etc.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:49 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by s. il. hntr
like i said before, i cant believe there wasn't some in reserve. still dont know why .22lr though.
It cost money to have inventory sitting around, most companies manufacture items JIT.
Just-In-Time manufacturing, reorder levels for certain inventory items are set, and new stock is ordered only when those levels are reached. There is no overstocking of parts or items, which saves on space in the warehouse. This manufacturing strategy can lead to improvements in quality and efficiency. It also can lead to higher profits and a larger return on the company's investment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.