Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Browning A bolt or X bolt >

Browning A bolt or X bolt

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning A bolt or X bolt

Old 04-04-2013, 04:14 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
I'm sorry but this is bad info. You can find 300 WSM at every gun store on the planet. If you don't believe me, go online. It is one of the few rounds that are still plentifull.
X2 on that!! I've been buying more and more and ive been noticing a big difference in the ammount they used to carry as opposed to now.

I also own an xbolt couldn't be happier with it, and I haven't had any problems or anything, it shot flawlessly! Sub moa right out of the box, broke it in and I noticed the group got tighter after breaking it in and shot in the same hole the dirtier the barrel got.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

flawlessly i believe they r 2 diff rifles,not ever owning a a bolt, ,id go with the x ,its sleeker lighter , looks kwel n shoots awesome,
Old 06-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Spike

Bought a new A-Bolt in 7mm08 for last season and shot my biggest buck ever with it....it's a great, easy to handle, accurate weapon.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Fork Horn

I'm sorry but this is bad info. You can find 300 WSM at every gun store on the planet. If you don't believe me, go online. It is one of the few rounds that are still plentifull.
I'm sorry - but I disagree. The specific ammo I shoot was out of stock nationwide last year. I bought the last 3 of 4 boxes in the entire Gander Mountain system (one box shipped from Minnesota, the other two boxes came from Chicago - the remaining box was in Texas). I called every local gun shop within an hour radius - the story might be different out by you, but I just got a little nervous with both my dad & I hunting with the same round...and both needing to sight in..

I've been able to find cheaper ammo in smaller quantities... just not what we hunt with.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TSR6
I've been able to find cheaper ammo in smaller quantities... just not what we hunt with.

WOW! You must be really picky. Cheaper Than Dirt has about 50 different rounds of 300 WSM in stock. I don't know what other round would be more available than that these days. Sorry, but I still consider this bad info. Lots and lots of 300 WSM available.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemL...1&pagenumber=1

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 06-11-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

WOW! You must be really picky. Cheaper Than Dirt has about 50 different rounds of 300 WSM in stock. I don't know what other round would be more available than that these days. Sorry, but I still consider this bad info. Lots and lots of 300 WSM available.

Yeah I agree with Lucky....as someone who spends a lot of time loitering at sporting goods/guns&ammo stores 300WSM is certainly the one round I have seen as pretty much available everywhere I have been lately...

More importantly...I wonder what he considers cheap! Never seen any cheap 300WSM (or any of the WSM's) ammo...LOL
Old 07-17-2013, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by emtrescue6
Yeah I agree with Lucky....as someone who spends a lot of time loitering at sporting goods/guns&ammo stores 300WSM is certainly the one round I have seen as pretty much available everywhere I have been lately...

More importantly...I wonder what he considers cheap! Never seen any cheap 300WSM (or any of the WSM's) ammo...LOL

Unfortunately, I will never purchase another single item from Cheaper Than Dirt. I'm very unhappy with how they handled an order I placed with them in the past, and also some of their business practices shortly after the CT ordeal.

Secondly, While 300WSM ammo is showing in stock - not the round I have my rig setup for. I'd go to the ballistic silver-tips as a back-up, but I much prefer the XP3 rounds. My pops & I both have matching A-Bolts Ti's and both just shoot tighter groups @ 150 & 200 yards with the XP3's.

I'd love to go to a cheaper 300wsm round... but I feed'er what it likes. I still have enough rounds left to hunt with - I'm just disappointed I won't be taking this gun to the range but for my pre-deer season sight in. I surely won't shoot it for fun this summer...

To me, cheaper WSM ammo is the ballistic silvertips or Federals - which used to be under $30/box. The expensive stuff (XP3's) used to be $49.95 or so.