Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
New York Gun laws....Thoughts? >

New York Gun laws....Thoughts?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New York Gun laws....Thoughts?

Old 01-27-2013, 04:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default New York Gun laws....Thoughts?

Hello all,

I wanted to try to get some insight as to something that happend to a friend of mine and myself today. As we all know gun laws in New York are rapidly changing for the worst and we all are left here to sit around worried as to whats happening to our amendment. Since all of this has started happen my friend has been completely worried and just started buying as many assault rifles, rifles, and shotguns that he could find and all the ammunition he could find as well.

With that said, today we both took a ride to a Dicks Sporting Goods and started to browse the hunting section. We both decided to pick up a 20 gauge shotgun. We filled out our paperwork together and handed it back in. The guy then comes back to the counter about 30 mins later with one new shotgun in the box and tells my friend that he is sorry but he was not approved to buy the gun. My concern and question is what are your thoughts on why this could be? We asked the employee helping us what he thought it could be and that he has been buying a lot of guns in the past 4 weeks and if he could of been flagged for doing this. He said it definatly could be a possiblilty. Does that make sense??? All this happening in New Yrok in regards to its gun laws is really starting to scare me and many others and I no longer know whats going to happen or what to expect.

thanks for your insight guys!
Old 01-27-2013, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

With New York who knows. I would contact the state police or whoever is responsible for the background checks in NY. Maybe they can help or put you in touch with someone who can.

I understand this may be off topic, impossible/difficult to do, and it's your home, but I'd move as far away from there as I could.
Old 01-28-2013, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
yep, he kicked the red flag cause he purchased x amout of guns in x amount of time
RR
How many do you have to purchase and in what amount of time for a "red flag?"
Old 01-28-2013, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

yea...he first bought a new Savage .308, then picked up 2 Rock River AR's in 9mm, then another H&K in .45, 3 smith and wesson .22's AR style, 1 Bushmaster AR 5.56 and 2 Smith and Wesson AR's 5.56 , and a Maverick over and under home defense 12 gauge shotgun. I might be leaving some others out, but overall you can see it was a decnt ammount of guns in about a 3 week period.

Like you said Vhunter, getting far far away form here is starting to become more and more appealing despite how difficult it can be to just get up and go....SCARY!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know none of us ever thought it would come to this.

Next chance you get we better replace our state representitives with second amemdment advocates !

Remember; we all thought this could never happen...............................!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm surprised that if he bought a second one within a month there that it didn't send up the red flag to those Libs!!!
Old 01-29-2013, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Sheridan
I know none of us ever thought it would come to this.

Next chance you get we better replace our state representitives with second amemdment advocates !

Remember; we all thought this could never happen...............................!!!
^ Absolutely!!!

Wow, thats all good to know. So I guess I am even more surprised now that he wasnt flagged earlier and that he actaully got to buy all those before they cought on.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by TheHardWoods913
I might be leaving some others out, but overall you can see it was a decnt ammount of guns in about a 3 week period.
LOL! - understatement of the year!

Man I haven't bought that many guns in the last 10yrs! I love it!

I too am suprised he was able to get that many the way things are today. Guess he can try again next week...LOL
Old 01-29-2013, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Question ???

Just how many guns are we "ALLOWED" to buy. ?!?!

There is something wrong about our government preventing someone from buying how ever many gun he wants !

Is it legal to buy guns or not !!!

Last edited by Sheridan; 01-29-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think this boils down to.
You get the government you deserve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.