HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced. SWEET!!! **Updated** (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/377738-remington-1911-r1-enhanced-sweet-updated.html)

SecondChance 01-13-2013 05:05 PM

Remington 1911 R1 Enhanced. SWEET!!! **Updated**

Just went and picked up my R1 Enhanced today and DAMN it was worth the wait!!!!!!! This thing is tighter than an old womans wallet and sweeter than the finest German chocolate!!!!
Grips are really nice and solid firm feel. The front checkering is deep enought to handle sweaty hands yet not too deep to be uncomfortable during an extended shooting session.
Barrel to bushing fit is so tight it is almost too much. A real plus for accuracy. Front slide serations are just right for a front charging/clearing action.
Red fibre front sight is a different touch. Wil have to see how that works out. Fully adjustable rear sights
Trigger is really nice. Havent put the scale to it yet, but feels in the 3-5lb range like they claim. The overtravel screw is a nice touch and should make for some really nice double tap groups.
Bad weather has kept me from getting on paper as of yet. Will get some rounds downrange and report back. Hopes are high!!!

***Well. Was able to get it out this past weekand ran a handfull of rounds through it and she ran better than she looks!!
I shot everything from white box Winchester 230 ball to Federal 230 ball to LEO Winch SilverTip to a few CorBons. Even some Tul Ammo. Just ran them onto some 3" shoot n see targets in the backyard and for the most part at 25yds over sandbag rests she kept piling them up on top of each other keeping a figure 8 sight picture, which I both teach and strongly prefer. Fibre red front sight looked great in the pic and was easy to find. Not 1 hick-up with any of the ammo. I even tried weak hand tactical reloads and firing, ran like a champ. Even tried to limp wrist it to see if she would stove pipe, nothing. I went back and brought out a few mags of my lead match rounds, 200grn LSWC with Bullseye and Power Pistol, ran like a fiend again!!! Got ran back inside by rain and wind.
So, she shoots better than she looks and I won't look back on the purchase. Glad to have her on my hip and in my stable!!

Topgun 3006 01-13-2013 05:56 PM

Pictures please!!!

VAhuntr 01-13-2013 06:03 PM

Pics would be nice! Congrats on the pistol.

x-mountie 01-13-2013 06:41 PM

The red front sight, I think, you will find to be a lot easier to pick up. I have used a blaze orange sight on the blade of my S&W Model 10. In combat shooting sure saved time.

BP_Niccum 01-14-2013 11:42 AM

Pictures, we need them!

SecondChance 01-20-2013 02:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of the R1 Enhanced. Have not shot it as of yet. Weather has been a biatch!!

CouesChaser 01-20-2013 02:36 PM

Son of a gun that is a sexy pistol. Just make it two tone and give it wood grips and I'll buy one!

Congrats on the purchase.

huntingkidPA 01-21-2013 08:08 AM

very nice. 1911's have always caught my eye

Topgun 3006 01-21-2013 09:08 AM

Excellent!!! Glad you were finally able to get some pictures up of that fine piece!

SecondChance 02-10-2013 02:57 PM

Bumped for the update.