Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Ammo Availability ???? >

Ammo Availability ????

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ammo Availability ????

Old 01-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ammo Availability ????

When will the panic buying be over? It's almost impossible to find ammo. Store shelves are empty, and I spent hours looking for 9mm ammo that I shoot regularly and finally got 6 boxes of Hornady Critical Duty at Cheaper that Dirt. Obviously it wasn't on sale.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:45 PM
Typical Buck

I haven't had any problems finding ammo in my local stores...it's certainly limited in some calibers and .223 is near impossible to find (as are their components). The stores I visited this weekend certainly had some empty shelves but Cabelas had piles of 9mm yesterday, with several varieties even on sale.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

Check out Bulkammo.com its where I buy all my ammo its fast and cheep.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Fork Horn

That's definitely not the case here in NW Florida. And as I stated, on line, (ABLE, MIDWEST< ETC>)it's the same.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:05 PM
Fork Horn

To BP NICCUM and emtrescue6, I checked both Bulk Ammo and Cabelas and Bulk Ammo had Federal Hi Shock 1000 rounds for $485.70 and Cabelas had Hornady Steel Match Ammo and PMC Bronze non-expanding.
The Federal would be all right if the quantity was more like 500. $485.70 is a little much for ammo that you don't usally shoot. But thanks to both of you for the suggestions.
Thesewere both on-line sales, as there are no Cabelas in this part of the world.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in Il our local Bucheits just put out over 15K of 9, 40 and 45. Aquila and Fed. Out the wazoo. I bought 500 .45 just because it was $20 for 50rnds of Fed brass.