Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Join the NRA for "FREE" >

Join the NRA for "FREE"

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Join the NRA for "FREE"

Old 01-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Though my membership/subscription does not expire until Sept 2013, I just re-upped my membership for an extra year. No reason whatsoever not to. Get another year for nothing out of pocket except the time you invest to shop at Bass Pro for $25.00 worth of sportsman's gear. Win / Win / Win !!!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

bump this up! we gotta keep fighting...
Old 01-21-2013, 04:23 PM
Spike

Just signed up!
Old 01-22-2013, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife is now joining - as a Life Member.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

How does signing up for free actually help them though.
What they are doing costs money so our subscription costs help them do their jobs.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by pnut
How does signing up for free actually help them though.
What they are doing costs money so our subscription costs help them do their jobs.
Kind of wondered the same thing. Not sure, but maybe they are not paying full face value for the cards? Or, maybe they figure getting more people involved now will benefit them in the future since some new members will probably stick around and renew.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its not actually free...I'm sure BPS is donating the cards. The more members they have, the more potential donations and volunteer help they can get - and the more potential new members (referrals). Its all about supporting the only group who is supporting us. The more numbers we have on our side the better.

Before this mess, the NRA membership was a tiny fraction of actual gun owner numbers. They've gained a ton of new members in the past month, but at the end of the day...most gun owners still won't part with a puny amount of money each year to be a member, which in my opinion is pathetic. They could cut out mcdonalds 5 times a year and pay their dues.

My thought is...if you aren't a member, don't complain about a thing that goes on.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by WV Hunter
My thought is...if you aren't a member, don't complain about a thing that goes on.
Agreed. I don't agree with every position the NRA takes, but I joined last month.