Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

New AR

Old 01-02-2013, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

Havnt had a chance to shoot it yet, still trying to decide what optics to put on it. My wallet is still recovering from the assualt this rifle put on it.

Last edited by Jim Burns; 01-02-2013 at 06:55 AM.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice!!!!!! I want one!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice looking rifle.

I picked up a Magpul/Eotech-equipped M&P-15 as a Christmas present for myself early last month, and then, when the SHTF a couple weeks later, I picked up a pair of M&P-15 flat tops for my two sons.
Attached Thumbnails New AR-20121217_201917.jpg   New AR-20121123_153036.jpg  
Old 01-04-2013, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by ipscshooter
Nice looking rifle.

I picked up a Magpul/Eotech-equipped M&P-15 as a Christmas present for myself early last month, and then, when the SHTF a couple weeks later, I picked up a pair of M&P-15 flat tops for my two sons.
Nice set up! How do you like the Eotech?
Old 01-04-2013, 06:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

I like it, although I wish it was one of the newer models. I didn't "shop," at all. I was in the store looking just to get an M4 style rifle without optics. But saw this one, fell for the sales guy's story about it being an overrun from a Dept of Energy order for nuclear power plant security operators, asked to look at it and it was, like, "sonofabitch this thing is cool. I want it." On this model of the holo sight, the on/off/brightness adjustments are under the rear lens. On newer models, they are on the side of the unit, which I think is a lot more convenient, particularly with the magnifier in place.

That being said, it was easy to get it all adjusted and sighted in. Fun to shoot, and has a 1 MOA dot, so it allows for relatively precise shot placement, and I used it, at range of about 65-70 yards, to put a doe in the freezer a couple weeks back...