Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Thoughts on the Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 380 vs Ruger LCP? >

Thoughts on the Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 380 vs Ruger LCP?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Thoughts on the Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 380 vs Ruger LCP?

Old 12-21-2012, 06:17 PM
Spike

Default Thoughts on the Smith and Wesson Bodyguard 380 vs Ruger LCP?

I've been doing some research on these as I'm looking to buy a small concealment gun. I would love to hear some personal opinions from people who have one of them or even both.. Thanks
Old 12-22-2012, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I looked at both and went with the Beretta Tomcat in stainless. I do know someone who owns the Ruger and he is happy with it.

Good luck with your choice.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not a fan of the Bodyguard. A lot of guys are, I am not one of them. I do enjoy my LCP a lot.

Another pistol I'd highly recommend, if you're interested in a single action/manual safety, would be the Sig Sauer P238. Fantastic pistol, very accurate, smooth, great sights. I don't prefer a manual safety/single action for CC, but my wife has one of these that she is very fond of, and I'll admit, I'm jealous.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can only speak of the LCP. Great little gun and worth the money. VERY VERY, easy to clean. Goes bang everytime you pull the trigger. It will eat any ammo you put through it without jamming.

If you buy a used LCP, make sure it was manufactured after the recall or sent back to Ruger for the recall.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the LCP and like it. Shoots pretty straight for what it is. Not a comp gun for sure. But a real nice JIC gun. Load it with Horn Critical Defense. One of my partners has a Smith and uses it as a back-up/ankle gun. He likes mine over his for mine has the laser sight.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Spike

Thanks guys keep them coming. My dad and brother both have Lcps but I haven't shot them yet. I'm going to test them out before I make my decision. The LCP is a lot cheaper than the bodyguard for what it's worth too.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only problem I have found with mine is my fata^@ sitting on it when I have it in my back pocket and it activates the laser and runs the battery. Have shot over 300rnds, cheap and top quality, and no problems so far.
Old 12-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own an LCP and wouldn't carry it.
The .380 phase was one that I wish I wouldn't have taken part of.
I would sell the thing if I could find someone that wanted it.
I prefer a 45acp compact personally.

I have shot a S&W Bodyguard and love the feel of it over my LCP.
The LCP will be cheaper but the Bodyguard already comes with a lazer on it.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

thumbs up on the LCP I have about 500 rounds threw it not a he-cup
Old 12-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

LCP with the Laser Max or Crimson Trace gets my vote.

That said, the LCP fits my hand better than the Bodyguard, but that doesn't apply to everyone so see which one fits your hand best. They are both good guns. The biggest issue I have with the laser on the Bodyguard is while it does already come with one, I don't like it. The switch is extremely hard to turn on and off at least on the ones I've seen, and you hit it once to turn the laser on and again to get it to flash, then a third time to turn it off. Not to mention you really have to push on the button just right for it to do any of these. IMO that's not the kind of setup I want to be fumbling around with in the middle of the night.

The Lasermax or CT laser are much much nicer.

As for the above poster saying he would get rid of his LCP if he could find someone that wanted it, since this is a hot selling gun nearly everywhere in the country, if he really felt that way, I'm sure he would have already gotten rid of it as you can get rid of them very easily without taking a big loss unless you really overpaid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.