Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Connecticut Tragedy >

Connecticut Tragedy

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Connecticut Tragedy

Old 12-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

If somebody shot my pointer I might not shoot them. but they'd probably wish I had by the time I got done with them and I think that's what Jim is saying!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 04:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys!! Threats are illegal in most states and kicking butt is violence. If we want to continue owning guns, then we do not need to be violent. One conviction of that can make all of your hunting days go away--with a firearm, anyway. Let us not forget that the perp at Sandy Hook was apparently mentally ill. If all things were right, he would have been in an institution. I think it is important to remember, he did not get the guns legally. I suspect his mother had one loaded gun in her bedroom where she could get to it quickly at night. He may have known of that gun and used it to kill his mother and steal the rest of the guns.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Too bad No one will lay claim

to protecting the most vulnerable place in town.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

Browtine, shoot a police K9 and see what they do to you, its just a dog right? You will get charged with murder or attempted murder of a LEO.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_y...g_a_police_dog
Old 12-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Outdoor
I don’t think “what if’s” are appropriate now. Let’s not bring question to how she handled her weapons. Mike Huckabee was asked yesterday “How could God let this happen” He replied “WE” took GOD out of schools now you ask him for help?” We need to make some serious changes, respect hardly exists, children think life is like an X Box game you can shoot someone and “reset” the game. This world we live in is so turned around…electronics are wonderful but the “OLD SCHOOL” way of doing things kept our heads straight.
Very well put. I couldn't agree more. Thanks for posting this.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jim Burns
Browtine, shoot a police K9 and see what they do to you, its just a dog right? You will get charged with murder or attempted murder of a LEO.

Jim Burns... it seems as though you keep grasping at straws, as well as jumping from one thing to another in hopes of validating your ramblings. This is just MY opinion of course. But it appears to me you could be somewhat unstable. Especially when you have threatened people on here more than once, and keep talking about killing people who mess with your dogs. You should probably just chill out a little bit. I believe people could feel a sense of moral obligation to contact the local authorities of someone who is talking crazy and threatening to harm others. Even if it is on the Internet. This is just an observation. Someone may feel concerned about the rest of society's safety and well being after some of the statements you've made on this forum. Just some friendly advice of course.

And I'm not talking neccessarily about just this thread.

Last edited by Buckhunter46755; 12-20-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Buckhunter46755
Jim Burns... it seems as though you keep grasping at straws, as well as jumping from one thing to another in hopes of validating your ramblings. This is just MY opinion of course. But it appears to me you could be somewhat unstable. Especially when you have threatened people on here more than once, and keep talking about killing people who mess with your dogs. You should probably just chill out a little bit. I believe people could feel a sense of moral obligation to contact the local authorities of someone who is talking crazy and threatening to harm others. Even if it is on the Internet. This is just an observation. Someone may feel concerned about the rest of society's safety and well being after some of the statements you've made on this forum. Just some friendly advice of course.

And I'm not talking neccessarily about just this thread.
I havnt threatened anyone, and I am not the one that keeps bringing it up. It seems Topgun is the only one that has figured out what I am saying here. Some of you clowns on here sound like you belong to the same media circus that is filling the nation with false information.

Last edited by Jim Burns; 12-20-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
WOW! When I'm reading what some of you guys are typing, I can't believe you are pro-gun and pro 2nd amendment.

I have two words for anyone who believes in any kind of gun control.

Timothy Mcveigh!!

What kind of gun did he use??

Blame the bad guy. Not the Mom! Not the gun! The bad guy!!

BLAME THE BAD GUY!!!!!!!
+1

Pretty straight forward......................
Old 12-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Jim Burns

Dude you have got some sorta issues. Threating to shoot someone over just about anything other than self defense is absord. I love my animals to death but I WOULD NEVER SHOOT ANOTHER HUMAN NO MATTER WHAT THEY DID TO THEM. I have a 2 year old Lab that I have thousands of dollars in but there is no dollar amount worth a human life!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by browtine7
Dude you have got some sorta issues. Threating to shoot someone over just about anything other than self defense is absord. I love my animals to death but I WOULD NEVER SHOOT ANOTHER HUMAN NO MATTER WHAT THEY DID TO THEM. I have a 2 year old Lab that I have thousands of dollars in but there is no dollar amount worth a human life!!!!!!!!!!!!
What does this have to do with the original posters thread? Are you just trying to start crap with me or what? We done had this arguement on another thread and they shut it down. Obviously we have a difference in opinions, if everyone thought the same we wouldnt be humans and have choices would we. I have a right to express my opinions just like everyone on here, wether you agree with it or not. I have not THREATENED anyone. If someone shoots my dog without contacting me and for no good reason other than it disrupting his hunt, we have a serious problem, I will handle it according to how the situation plays out, if gun play was to come up I would not back down. When confronting another hunter you dont know what to expect, one thing you do know is he is armed. I have had a gun pulled on me before, luckily it got resolved before it became a major problem. This is how I feel and if you dont like it, I really dont give a...... Get over it!!!!! And to the O.P. sorry for this thread getting hijacked, not my fault.

Last edited by Jim Burns; 12-21-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.