Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Connecticut Tragedy >

Connecticut Tragedy

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Connecticut Tragedy

Old 12-17-2012, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW! When I'm reading what some of you guys are typing, I can't believe you are pro-gun and pro 2nd amendment.

I have two words for anyone who believes in any kind of gun control.

Timothy Mcveigh!!

What kind of gun did he use??

Blame the bad guy. Not the Mom! Not the gun! The bad guy!!

BLAME THE BAD GUY!!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Murdy
"Nothing can be said about mental illness issues because of the federal HIPPA laws(the privacy act)."
Not true, in Illinois, you have to get a FOID card (Firearm Owner's ID) before you can possess a firearm. They specifically ask whether you have a patient in a mental institution or "adjudicated as a mental defective." (also about drug addiction, criminal background, etc.). Of course you could lie, and I don't know how close they check.
I recall a very similar line of questioning when I applied for a handgun purchase permit in the state of Minnesota.

I'm not sure how closely they checked on any of my responses, however I was issued one within the 30 day time limit (it was over 10 yrs ago, so I don't recall exactly how long the time frame was before the permit was issued).
Old 12-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Colorado Luckydog
WOW! When I'm reading what some of you guys are typing, I can't believe you are pro-gun and pro 2nd amendment.

I have two words for anyone who believes in any kind of gun control.

Timothy Mcveigh!!

What kind of gun did he use??

Blame the bad guy. Not the Mom! Not the gun! The bad guy!!

BLAME THE BAD GUY!!!!!!!
Amen, brother.

Otherwise we will have to start blaming the cars for the actions of the drunk driver who maims or kills the next child, or person in an accident.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter
Amen, brother.

Otherwise we will have to start blaming the cars for the actions of the drunk driver who maims or kills the next child, or person in an accident.
Right on brother
Old 12-18-2012, 04:59 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by gregrn43
Right on brother
Yep thats what I've been saying. They didn't use guns on 9/11
Old 12-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sconnyhunter
Dead people can't protect a gun safe Jim. With MOM dead, the kid had all the time in the world to locate and use any type of key for that safe.
How did the mom die? She was shot!!!! Obviously she didnt protect the safe when she was alive. If the guns would have been locked up, she would be alive and so would the children.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_ne..._kills_his_mom

Last edited by Jim Burns; 12-18-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jim, we will never know. What might have been.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

We cannot bring doubt to the mother of what she should have or could have done. Her son was a huge mental health time bomb and that’s where the focus needs to stay. We cannot divide on this critical issue.
We can recite 911 issues and the fact that there was no gun, the Missouri issue where the assist principle grabbed his 45 from his car and took control of that issue...who knows how many he saved. McVay bombing that killed way too many....again "no gun" But let’s not fuel the fire for the anti's rather show them that in this moment of time "they are being disrespectful" by using this as an opportunity to express their agenda.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Banned

In between argueing whether to ban all guns or arm everyone,
How about look around,
Kids in your neighborhood, in your kids school, that nephew you see once a year,
Take a kid you normally wouldn't take out in the field, hunting, fishing, hiking, not just the good kids you enjoy being with, but a problem child,
Maybe just maybe, befriending such a kid can shine a light on someone,
Adults with problems start out as kids with problems,
If nothing else, doesn't hurt to take a kid fishing
Old 12-18-2012, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Jim Burns
How did the mom die? She was shot!!!! Obviously she didnt protect the safe when she was alive. If the guns would have been locked up, she would be alive and so would the children.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_ne..._kills_his_mom

You sir are wrong. He would have gottrn his hands on a gun some other way if he was determined to do this. There are so many ways to do so all the way down to just stealing them from random home break ins and so fouth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.