Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Connecticut Tragedy >

Connecticut Tragedy

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Connecticut Tragedy

Old 12-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

Unhappy Connecticut Tragedy

I must say this first: The horrific tragedy in Connecticut today sickens me to no end and it’s a sad day in our country when this happens; my prayers and thoughts go out to the victims and their families.
Every anti-gun person in the world is going to be screaming “Gun Control” for months to come. They are on the White House lawn as I type this. Obviously this is a mental health issue, a severe deranged, individual because no human that is capable of doing what he did is concerned about stealing a weapon and shooting someone. I believe the information at this point (although early in the investigation) is that he stole those guns from his mother whom he also shot. It’s not a gun control issue it’s a mental health issue…a big one. He could have used many other methods to carry out the damage. I just wanted to say we in the gun community need to keep our composure and never get outraged when discussing gun control especially now. Our backs are against the wall… again and the anti’s are out to use this tragedy in their favor. Know your facts when you defend our rights, never get excited. We need to know the truth because if the truth is those were his mom’s handguns she was one of us!
Old 12-14-2012, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

They were her registered handguns and that was an excellent post Sir!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Basically, the mom was robbed and murdered by a deranged adult, and he, for whatever reason decided to bring carnage to a grade school. Those who didn't believe gun control would be an issue anytime soon were just proved wrong. Don't fall into that false sense that your hunting shotguns, or your bolt action rifles will be safe. The anti's will not rest until we lose it all.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:51 AM
Typical Buck

Just put yourself in those parents shoes and ask yourself this one question. What if those guns were locked in a gun safe? Personally I think gun control is a responsible person keeping legally owned guns out of acts of violence like this tragedy. I think they should take the movie theater killer out in the street and dismember him in public alive. Start setting the example of what will happen to so called thugs. And stop making celebrities out of these worthless POS. We all know that criminals have guns and can get guns but sometimes gun control starts at home.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Tragedy

I don’t think “what if’s” are appropriate now. Let’s not bring question to how she handled her weapons. Mike Huckabee was asked yesterday “How could God let this happen” He replied “WE” took GOD out of schools now you ask him for help?” We need to make some serious changes, respect hardly exists, children think life is like an X Box game you can shoot someone and “reset” the game. This world we live in is so turned around…electronics are wonderful but the “OLD SCHOOL” way of doing things kept our heads straight.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

The guy walked freely into the school dressed in black, no one to challenge and ask what his business was, why he was there ? My wife worked for one of the colleges in Indiana for years, had to travel to many different schools for meetings---many of the schools were fenced, had security systems, tv moniters showing the entrances and / or a watchman at the door---if you could not present proper identification or show a valid reason to get in, you didn't get in .
When are we going to face up to the fact that too many deranged are slipping through the net and ending up in a crowded area with a weapon ? Trying to disarm a freedom loving nation after all the arms are already out there is insane and will simply turn us into an entire nation of victims--rather than more gun control laws that don't deter criminals and killers, how about starting to make gatherings safer by whatever means possible? Gates, fences, security people, closed circuit television, hall monitors, some sort of controlled access to schools, sports centers etc because nothing else is working---the gun control laws we have in place now control the lawabiding citizens only. I do not shoot people nor are my guns in a place where they can be found and stolen, so I'm not sure why taking my guns away will somehow stop school shootings in Conneticut and Oregon--
Old 12-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by jhilde
The guy walked freely into the school dressed in black, no one to challenge and ask what his business was, why he was there ? My wife worked for one of the colleges in Indiana for years, had to travel to many different schools for meetings---many of the schools were fenced, had security systems, tv moniters showing the entrances and / or a watchman at the door---if you could not present proper identification or show a valid reason to get in, you didn't get in .
When are we going to face up to the fact that too many deranged are slipping through the net and ending up in a crowded area with a weapon ? Trying to disarm a freedom loving nation after all the arms are already out there is insane and will simply turn us into an entire nation of victims--rather than more gun control laws that don't deter criminals and killers, how about starting to make gatherings safer by whatever means possible? Gates, fences, security people, closed circuit television, hall monitors, some sort of controlled access to schools, sports centers etc because nothing else is working---the gun control laws we have in place now control the lawabiding citizens only. I do not shoot people nor are my guns in a place where they can be found and stolen, so I'm not sure why taking my guns away will somehow stop school shootings in Conneticut and Oregon--
He did not just walk into the school un-challanged...the doors were locked, a video monitor system was in place...he forced his way through a locked door (shot the glass out)...I am in CT and can tell you this for a fact...stop spreading false information and speculation.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Amen to that! The first thing out yesterday was that he had two handguns that he did the shootings with and there was a .223 rifle out in the car he came in. Now the autopsy report is that all of them were shot multiple times with a centerfire rifle (assault rifle was the term used), so why not wait and let the investigation continue before making unfounded comments! We don't know that his Mom didn't have the guns all secured in a safe and that he somehow got the combination or broke into it.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

His mom was dead. Its hard to keep the guns secured and locked up when your the cold dead corpse on the floor bleeding. Sometimes a locked up gun is a useless gun. Who knows though, if she would have, or could have, pulled the trigger on her own son. This, and the other recent events, as well as Columbine, and high profile shootings that even happened during the 10yrs of "Brady Heaven" show that strict gun control laws do not actually work. Ask yourself, when was the last time a criminal obeyed a law? Ask yourself, how hard is it to get a weapon of some kind? If you come up with the answer that its very hard, especially with strict laws, might I suggest relocating from under that rock in which you live. It is not hard at all to get a weapon thru illegal means, all you have to do is try. This horrendous crime is proof that we have problems as a society, and that needs fixing. Quit letting the xbox and internet babysit your kids and start being the "uncool" parents and take your kids traveling, camping, and hunting.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:17 AM
Spike

Default deranged people

lets focus on the deranged mind not the weapons used,look what some terrorists did on 911 with just boxcutters,if guns werent used it would have been another weapon,if the mother had gotten her son some mental health help, this whole incident probably would not have happened

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.