Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Colt Delta VS Kimber Target II >

Colt Delta VS Kimber Target II

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Colt Delta VS Kimber Target II

Old 10-31-2012, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Colt Delta VS Kimber Target II

What do you folks think is a better and gun: 10mm Colt Delta 1911, or 10mm Kimber Eclipse Pro Target II. Thanks.

Last edited by handloader1; 11-04-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by handloader1 View Post
What do you folks think is a better and gun: 10mm Colt Delta 1911, or Kimber Eclipse Pro Target II. Thanks.
Two different guns, one is a 5" barrel Delta 10mm, the other is a 4" barrel gun, normally found in 45acp. Do you want a 10mm, or do you want a 45acp? If you want a 45acp, do you want a 5" fullsized, 4"-4.25" commander sized gun, or a 3"-3.5" officer size?

I own 2 Colts, and one Kimber. My Kimber is an Eclipse Custom, first year of that model, which all of them were custom shop models. My Colt MKIV Enhanced, mid-90s model, is about as accurate, and just as reliable, so do not buy into the hype about which is more accurate and reliable.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Fork Horn

I can't speak of the Colt but I own a Kimber 4" 45acp and absolutely love it. 650 rounds through mine without one Hicup.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

10mm and you will never look back
Old 11-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Streetglideok:

Which do you like best the Colt or Kimber? Thanks
Old 11-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by handloader1 View Post
Streetglideok:

Which do you like best the Colt or Kimber? Thanks
Tough call, really. The Colt, little more nostalgia, and knowing you got the real thing, not a copy, holds its value like no other's mother. Kimber, has a hundred different models, some of which border tacky. Some models look sharp, but in the end, they become a safe queen like my Eclipse custom shop. With the prices Kimber is demanding now, vs the Colt, the kimber is hardly the bargain anymore. You're within a hundred or two of a Colt, and I've had less reliability issues with the fit of the Colt. The Kimber has a really tight chamber, and doesn't like some of my lead swc reloads. The two colts I have, eat them like candy.

In the end, look at Kimbers, and Colts, and pick what model you like best, no matter the brand name. I'm partial to Colts, but I haven't sold the Kimber either.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:20 AM
Spike

I cant say for the kimber, but i love colts. IMHO, Colts are the best guns in the world, they are simply my favorite. doesnt mean im not gunna have a billion other guns one day tho ; ). the original m4 carbine and M1911. Im sure i will have kimbers, but ill buy a Colt first. I have shot my dads delta elite and it feels right shooting. im not a great shot, but my dad was nailing the target center.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:29 AM
Fork Horn

dont forget the dan wesson rz-10. i had a chance to shoot one of the fist off the line and it put my fathers old delta to shame. dont get me wrong if it were legal to carry in canada id carry that old colt around everywhere and not think twice but my next purchase might just be the rz-10 if i need a "work horse" handgun. yes it might not hold value, yes its not as shiny as a colt and yes it costs the same as a colt but sub 2'' at 15 yards off hand has got me sold.