Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Which rifle - pros & cons? >

Which rifle - pros & cons?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which rifle - pros & cons?

Old 10-15-2012, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by goalie
Picking a Tikka over a Sako is literally like saying a Toyota is a better car than a Lexus.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my T3 Lite stainless .308, but it sure as shoot'n ain't no Sako.

Out of your list, the Winchester and the Sako are both on top in regards to fit, finish, accuracy, and overall awesomeness.
I agree with you and I didn't mention it but a Sako is around $500-$600 more than the Tikka. What was on my mind was a Sweet Scope to go on the Tikka. Not sure what the Budget is nor do we know if a scope still has to be bought but I was thinking of putting a Leupold VX3L 4.5-14X 50 on it. this would make one Bad Ass set up.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:40 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by daleintampa
I agree with you and I didn't mention it but a Sako is around $500-$600 more than the Tikka. What was on my mind was a Sweet Scope to go on the Tikka. Not sure what the Budget is nor do we know if a scope still has to be bought but I was thinking of putting a Leupold VX3L 4.5-14X 50 on it. this would make one Bad Ass set up.
Yeah, if given a budget I would go with the Tikka and a nice scope over a Sako and crappy glass any day of the week. But, since no budget was given, I'd shoot for the moon and go Sako AND nice glass.

Old 10-16-2012, 03:45 PM
Spike

Bought a browning xbolt stainless stalker in 300wsm. I could not be happier!!! ive shot the tikka t3 and sako 85 both SS and they are all awesome guns but I went with the browning got a 3 shot group to fit in a dime the other day when i was sighting it in at 100yrds with a redfield revolution 3-9 x 50mm not the best scope i've looked through but it sure is clear and takes in light better than any other 300$ scope
Old 10-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jarrey12
Bought a browning xbolt stainless stalker in 300wsm. I could not be happier!!! ive shot the tikka t3 and sako 85 both SS and they are all awesome guns but I went with the browning got a 3 shot group to fit in a dime the other day when i was sighting it in at 100yrds with a redfield revolution 3-9 x 50mm not the best scope i've looked through but it sure is clear and takes in light better than any other 300$ scope

The X-Bolt's are nice rifles. I had one in 270 Winchester that was very accurate.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Fork Horn

I have a 25/06 and I love it. Its a rem 700 mountian.I also have m77 hawkeye like you mentioned but mine is in 35 whelen sweet gun to. good luck in your choice