Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
A vote for obama is a vote to take away your rights >

A vote for obama is a vote to take away your rights

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

A vote for obama is a vote to take away your rights

Old 08-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by MNDan
country1 - I appreciate you actually taking the time to post some things that have changed instead of just making personal attacks, though the casings thing isn't true & the real reason for ammo shortages has been the overwhelming fear that ammo prices were going to go up.
I am correct in what I initially posted. Under BO's order and policies, fired casings from military training were chopped up for recycling vs. being sold to make re-manufactured ammo. This policy was eventually changed, but it took a few months for the fired brass to again be sold for re-manufactured ammo.

As I stated earlier the destruction of fired military brass was one of the factors for the higher prices of ammo and components. You may not purchase re-manufactured ammo, but many government agencies, LE departments, privately owned firearm training facilities and gun clubs do purchase re-manufactured ammo for training and range ammo. For a time, once fired brass was very hard to impossible to find fill these orders. At times, some companies who made re-manufactured ammo were buying new brass to try and fill their orders. The supply first went to government agencies and LE departments. If there was any left over it went to the civilian training facilities, gun clubs and individual consumers.

Also, it was not just because of the war that ammo was hard to find. You also had several government agencies and LE departments that put in large orders for non-training/range ammo.

It is called supply and demand. Do some companies really take advantage of it and create even higher prices? Yes, IMO some do. Were some people hording ammo? I believe some were hording ammo, and this made the supply and demand situation worse. If they wanted to have some extra ammo on hand, it would have been better to buy a little extra each time they went to purchase ammo vs. buying it all.

How many of you have a little extra food on hand at this time? What is going to happen to you and your family if there is even a very small food shortage for a brief time? Will you be able to help out your neighbor? Will you be willing to help out your neighbor?

I grew up on a farm, and there were times we would be without electricity for weeks at a time (sometimes it was winter and the temp was well below zero) or could not get to town for weeks at a time because of the weather or roads. You knew you needed to have extra food on hand because of the possibility of those occasions. You also had a generator to run the essentials and fuel to power the generator. There was no chaos and neighbors helped neighbors. We did not have the NG come to keep order - there was no need. The NG did not come to evacuate us - if they did nobody would leave anyway. We did not have LE coming to see if we were doing okay - the LE continued to taking care of emergencies only. Neighbors checked up on and helped neighbors. If one did run out of something, they would check with another neighbor to see if they could help them out. They would always try to resupply or repay the neighbor later. Sometimes, the neighbor would not accept repayment as helping out your neighbor was just something you did and without complaint.

When you were able to make it to town, the shelves of the small grocery stores were not empty. People in town also had extra on hand in case of a storm. People had a supply on hand at home to hold them over if there was a disruption in life as normal. We never made the news. It was just part of life for the area we lived. It was not a survivalist attitude but rather I need to have an adequate supply on hand for our family and for my neighbor in case they need some help. I wish this perspective, foresight and responsibility was something all Americans took seriously. If we did, there would not be chaos when things as normal are disrupted for a time. We would not be turning on each other for a loaf of bread, jug of milk or the last of the Easter or Christmas candy that is on sale at the store.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jaybez101099
And the best for last
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson
arty 0005:: party0005:arty0 005:
Old 08-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Spike

When you were able to make it to town, the shelves of the small grocery stores were not empty. People in town also had extra on hand in case of a storm. People had a supply on hand at home to hold them over if there was a disruption in life as normal. We never made the news. It was just part of life for the area we lived. It was not a survivalist attitude but rather I need to have an adequate supply on hand for our family and for my neighbor in case they need some help. I wish this perspective, foresight and responsibility was something all Americans took seriously.

Sounds familiar growing up poor in the country. We had a huge supply of canned food in the root cellar, because that was how we got our fruit and vegetables in the winter. Canned in Mason jars from our garden, of course. Stockpile of meat in the deep freeze, because much of it came from hunting or buying half a cow. Everything needed for the standard two or three days without power that usually came up.

I will say one thing on the politics. I don't think either one is going to significantly hurt my gun ownership rights. But I'm now middle class due to my wife and I working our asses off. I'm going back to school for a second degree in engineering, while still working, to try to maybe be "upper" middle class. One of the candidates is about entirely giving the finger to the middle class with his proposed tax policies. Romney doesn't give a damn about guns at all. Maybe if it were Mccain you'd have an argument, but all Romney gives a **** about is the fact that he's rich and has rich friends.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Gromky
I will say one thing on the politics.... One of the candidates is about entirely giving the finger to the middle class with his proposed tax policies. Romney doesn't give a damn about guns at all. Maybe if it were Mccain you'd have an argument, but all Romney gives a **** about is the fact that he's rich and has rich friends.
Do you think Obama is not rich? It is a belief of many people that it appears he is trying to bankrupt the country, and I can't disagree with that prospect. Look at how the deficit has grown under BO. It is also concerning the communists and Marxist people that BO has in his administration. Then there are his policies. I believe there is a reason why he has his thesis papers and other college documents sealed. IMO, BO throws out what appears to be a bone once in a while so he can continue to push his agenda. Problem is, most people don't realize the occasional bone is coming from other sources (SSA and the future economic stability of the country).

BO wants the tax returns of Romney released. What about BO releasing all of his college papers/records, all of his tax returns and a valid hard copy of the long form of his birth certificate? BO's administration has released more than one electronic version of his claimed long from. When a version of the long form has been proven to not be valid, they have said - Oh that is not the one. They have not commented on the last version which has multiple layers of the document (consistent with being altered) in the PDF document. They never have stated why BO has a SSN issued from CT (he has never been a resident of CT nor worked in CT). What they are not telling is how his mother had access to SSN for her work. IMO, the SSN problem for BO is why, under his orders, the new SSN's are no longer state specific.

With all of the executive orders he has been doing, IMO there should be real concern regarding what BO may doing regarding firearms and ammunition. BO and Holder were pushing for new restrictions with the claim of all the firearms from this country being used in the drug wars of Mexico. When Fast & Furious came to light, the talk of those new restrictions came to a sudden halt. I believe there is a reason why BO is not talking about the 2nd Amendment before the election. If the voters really knew his plans, would they vote for BO? IMO, they would not.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might want to look at Romneys past. He is the one reponsible for the assualt weapon ban in Mass. Romney is full of sh*t! If made president, expect a change in gun laws. A vote for Romney is a vote to send more American jobs overseas. Romney claims that he has paid 13% tax, but is only showing one tax refund I am sure the rest, the ones he is hiding would show that he paid less than that. Aint that nice, the average working class American pays at least 15.5% tax. Its the republican way, the rich get richer and the working man foots the bill, and the labor.

Here is a link you might understand.
http://www.iberkshires.com/story/148...apons-ban.html

Wake up people!!! This guy, "Romney", is a two faced turd!!!
Obama has done pretty good for what he had to work with, he saved General Motors, and Dodge, as a matter of fact, everyone likes to critisize his bail out to G.M. but the forget to mention that G.M. has paid it back and has had the most profitable year in there history. The stock markets have went up 100% since he took office, not bad. I dont like everythig he has done, but he has done ALOT of good for our country. It is going to take more than 4 years to get out of the hole that the republicans dug!

Last edited by fritz1; 08-19-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

Fairly easy to see which party has been trying to bankrupt the country over the past 60 years...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fe..._1901-2010.png
Old 08-20-2012, 01:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MNDan
Fairly easy to see which party has been trying to bankrupt the country over the past 60 years...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fe..._1901-2010.png
What the chart fails to show is WHY the National debt is so high right now. It is not the fault of Obama, but rather the two unessesary wars started by the Bush administration, and the out sourceing of American jobs to the Chinese. It is easy to point fingers when wearing blinders. In order to help reduce this, who ever gets in office needs to bring work back to the U.S. They need to put a major tarrif on ANY American company that is manufactoring goods outside of the U.S., and importing the products here to save a dollar. Tax the **** out of American companies that are using Chinese labor and criplling our own economy instead of paying Americans a fair wage to make stuff here. At one time we had a great economy and you could find almost everything was made here, now good luck finding anything with a Made In The U.S. label on it.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I hear one more time that it's the fault of Bush, etc. and that BO is a saint, I think I'm going to puke!!! In case you aren't aware of it, HE didn't do a damn thing other than spend so much money that we don't have in his first four years that our friggin great great great grandkids will still be trying to pay it off. The GM deal is also a bunch of BS because if you look into things right now BO is saying how great they are doing and to look at their stats. Yep, look at their stats and you'll see that the Feds have purchased 79% of the vehicles GM has made the last few months for it to be in such great shape. Tha'ss more of OUR taxpayer money that is funding the company becides what already went into it. Romney might not be a saint on guns, but he sure is compared to the idiot in charge right now and if you guys don't know what all BO has done trying to screw the average citizen you better get your heads out of your rectums. A second lame duck term, if he wins, will kill this country and what we know of America the way it's been as we've grown up!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 08-20-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, when Bush got in office, he had a surplus not a defficet. Thanks to the democrats and Bill Clinton, they reduced the National debt that was created by Papa Bush and actualy had a surplus of money. But 8 years of good ole George and the Republicans, they depleted that and gave us a record national debt. Obama was handed a impossible mission. Which if you look at the stock market, it is up over 100% since the day he got in office. Obviously he has done some good. I can look at my tax records through out my working career and I can honestly say that the years democrats have been in office, I have made the most money, years republicans were in office were some of my most broke years. Personally I dont like either, but Obama has done good for what he was handed and not once has he mentioned gun control, only the Republicans throw that out there to scare people. Romney on the other hand has a history of supporting gun control. And that is a fact!!

Romneyhood, just the opposite as Robinhood. He steals from the poor and gives to the rich.

Last edited by fritz1; 08-20-2012 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Typical Buck

"If I hear one more time that it's the fault of Bush"
Topgun, the economy collapsed a month prior to the 2008 election, and the winner was left holding the bag. If McCain had won, would you be supporting the Democrat right now, and saying it was Bush's fault to give McCain cover? The stimulus plan started under Bush. Obama kept in place Bush appointees to adminster it. The passing of the stimulus package in October 2008 was one of the few bipartisan votes I can remember in my lifetime, where moderate Dems and Republicans got together and defeated the extremes of their respective parties.
=========
I believe a lot of how a person perceives the Obama adminstrations handling of the economy depends on where you believe we were in 2008. If you believe we were heading for a true 1930s-style depression, then he did a good job heading it off (and so did George Jr., by going to congress and asking for the $700 million stimulus package). If you don't think we were heading toward a depression, then the stimulus has been a bunch of wasteful spending. I'd point out that George Jr. and 3/4 of the Republicans in Congress agreed we were heading for a depression when they initiated the stimulus in October 2008.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.