Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
A vote for obama is a vote to take away your rights >

A vote for obama is a vote to take away your rights

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

A vote for obama is a vote to take away your rights

Old 08-13-2012, 08:51 AM
Fork Horn

The federal tax on firearms & ammo has been fixed at 11% for well over a decade. Perhaps your state is taxing it more, but it has nothing to do with Obama. He has, however, been touted as the greatest gun salesman ever! Only due to the paranoia that the NRA tries to instill in all of us.

http://www.rawstory.com/rawreplay/20...t-to-ban-guns/

http://www.ttb.gov/tax_audit/atftaxes.shtml#Firearms
Old 08-13-2012, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Take it somewhere else please, as standing up for BO on a hunting/shooting website is about as close to treason as you can get, LOL! Have you not seen and heard all the crappola that he's been behind since he took offce? You apparently haven't if you don't think he will lead a direct assault against firearms in a second lame duck term after all the chit he's pulled behind our backs in the first one! MNDan, you need to start looking at facts and quit smoking whatever you have in the bong!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

MNDan.
You have been on here before trying to push this BO Love afar. You need to just move on, These people on here are way to smart for you.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Typical Buck

Let's see

Fast & Furious

When BO took office, all spent casings from military training were turned into brass chops for recycling vs. selling to a company who would use the spent casings for re-manufactured ammo. This is one of the factors why there was such a shortage of ammo when he took office and why the prices of ammo and components jumped. Did you notice how 9x19 was almost impossible to find for a while?

AG Holder stated in D.C. years ago that the American people need to be 'brainwashed' regarding firearms.

Take a look at how the EPA is being used to push his agenda.

Even a retired military officer has raised concerns about the current administration in the WH. This retired officer has stated how some actions of the current administration is very concerning as leaders who became dictators took the same steps in their process of becoming a dictator.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I try not to get involved in online political debates anymore but I really can't understand anyone, much less a gun owner/2nd amendment supporter backing Obama. I would like to hear some of his promises that he has kept from 4 years ago? I can't seem to find them!
Old 08-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, more political trash to clutter up a guns forum. What's wrong with taking it to the politics forum?

Last edited by falcon; 08-14-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

country1 - I appreciate you actually taking the time to post some things that have changed instead of just making personal attacks, though the casings thing isn't true & the real reason for ammo shortages has been the overwhelming fear that ammo prices were going to go up.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/06/georgia-arms/

There are certainly many good reasons not to vote for BO - I'd just like people to think about what those might be instead of jumping on the "I hunt, so I have to vote Republican!" bandwagon. I took the test below and came up Libertarian FWIW...

http://2012election.procon.org/view....ourceID=004491
Old 08-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Posts telling you that you don't know what you're talking about are not personal attacks. Personal attacks are ones that have no basis or facts behind them and are directed at the person, rather than what he has stated, and that's not the case here. You are incorrect in that the Department of Defense under the direct watch of BO ordered that all used military casings not be resold to manufacturers of ammunition as was done previously for decades. There was such an uproar that after a fairly short length of time the order was rescinded. Your other reason for ammo going up is also not fact. Ammo and components went up because of the escalation of the war efforts overseas on several fronts and the fact that certain Cogressional members were trying to pass rectrictions on ammo (ie. tagging bullets, requiring that manufacturers offer only components that had a short shelf life, etc.). Due to those fears a tremendous amount of firearms, ammo, and components were sold, which, in turn, created shortages and prices going up by certain companies that took advantage of the situation and price gouged the public.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 08-14-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

A few quotes from a great man.. Thomas Jefferson
“Whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government...”
"Whenever the people are well-informed, they can be trusted with their own government.”
"It is always better to have no ideas than false ones; to believe nothing, than to believe what is wrong.”
Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria, Criminologist in 1764. That was 230 years ago. -Thomas Jefferson
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

And the best for last
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.