Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Best Muzzleloader? >

Best Muzzleloader?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Best Muzzleloader?

Old 07-07-2012, 03:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

T/C Omega for me as well. Great price and very accurate.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

While it's not the only good choice out there, the T/C Omega is the only way I'd go.

I'd top it off with a Burris FFII or Vortex Viper scope mounted in Burris Signature Zee rings.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt the Flintlock season here in PA. In a flinter I'd go TC or custom.

General ML I have no idea but there is some good info posted. Good Luck in yer decision!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:35 AM
Spike

Thompson Center 45 cal Hawken flintlock. looks great, very durable, and shoots lights out...mine has killed a lot of deer and other stuff.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:56 PM
Dominant Buck

In order to really answer that question, I would wonder where you want to hunt, what restrictions if any in that location on the kind of rifle action, projectile, powder, or ignition. Also I would wonder what distance you expect to shoot and whether optics are legal where you are at. Also I would ask you what preferences be it inline or traditional you might have.

IMO the very best muzzleloader on the market is a White Rifle. The problem is they are no longer made but can be had used. No rifle can match what my White rifles can do. While they are not new technology, they are dependable technology. No better conical shooting rifle is on the market then a White rifle in my experience. And while sabots seem to be the "way to go" these days.. you need to see what a 488 grain conical bullet does to a steel bullet trap down range. They hit like a hammer.

If I wanted to scope a muzzleloader and shoot some extreme distances I would look at the Knight Mountaineer, Knight Disc, Knight Disc Extreme, T/C Omega, T/C Triumph, or CVA Accura. All of them with sabots are excellent shooting long range rifles. Get them in .50 caliber.

If you are not going to scope the rifle, then consider a good quality sight. If you wanted Traditional Rifles I would look at the Lyman Great Plains Rifle for roundball, Lyman Trade Rifle for anything else. T/C makes a good rifle but they have gone crazy in price. Traditions makes a good traditional rifle as well.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd 2nd the T/C Omega. The base model Z5 is around $300.
I'll 3rd this. I have the Z5 and it's very accurate. Never had a problem with it.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

jumped from a knight wolverine ,to a omega t/c , hands down the t /c is a better rifle , good luc on yer hunt fer power gun
Old 07-14-2012, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

T/C Encore
Old 07-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

I would agree with Cayugad on the white. If you can find a TC X7 they are in my mind the best carrying ML today. Anything bought today will do the job just fine.Its like cars,some like chevy,some like ford.You should pick one out that you like and feels good to hold.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Love my TC Pro Hunter Encore. A little stiff $$ up front but oh the stuff you can add. Have you ever shot a shotgun, rifle, muzzleloader, 22 and a pistol with the same 2 lb trigger pull? And as a matter of fact the same trigger assembly.
daddus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.