Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Walking with Two Guns >

Walking with Two Guns

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Walking with Two Guns

Old 05-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Fork Horn

I just read in our Ontario Hunting Regulations that you cannot have a second firearm when Moose, Deer, Elk or Bear hunting.

Looks like my buddy will have to learn how to stay focused on big game. More than likely he'll go back to 2 slugs, with a #4 deep. Pump twice and hope the Grouse doesn't fly away.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Spike

Is that setup legal in Ontario big tuna? Here if we're deer hunting you can not be in possession of buckshot whether it's loaded in the magazine or in your pocket. That is why people should read the regulation guide for their area & read them every year to stay on top of changes. We've had a lot of changes this year in Indiana regarding deer hunting & I talk to guys all the time who are not aware of the changes because they don't read those little pamphlets. And one of the changes here is a new bonus antler less season after Christmas & guys are not even aware of this new season because of not reading the local regs. Best of luck to you & your two-gun bud. Biggjimm.
Old 12-19-2016, 10:15 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
Not too smart even if it's legal and he wouldn't be hunting with me due to safety concerns alone!!!
why isn't it safe?? if he doesn't have a bullet chambered or, at least has the gun on safety there's little to no risk. whatsoever . he could have one slung on his back and the other in hand ...are you suggesting that when you go hunting and see an animal you THEN take the time to place the bullets in your gun then chamber a bullet so you can dispatch an animal? i do the same thing i carry the 22 for rabbits and a 30-30 for wolves ...would you suggest i shoot the rabbit with a 30-30 or the Timber wolf with a 22? OH and PS it's legal in Ontario... Checked it out and the number of firearms doesn't matter so long as you are following the allowable caliber restrictions based on season and what licenses you possess
Old 12-20-2016, 04:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

In PA you cannot possess fine shot while hunting for deer. I really don't get why anyone would want to make noise shooting at small game while deer hunting anyway.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:19 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BIG TUNA
I have a friend which I hunt with who can be an interesting character, to say it politely. He has gotten in the habit of walking with a loaded 12ga for deer and a .410 for small game at the same time. It seams a bit weird but is it legal. Can he be fined for poor gun handling by a conservation officer?

Also what about a loaded crossbow and rifle in the stand at the same time?

I realize laws are slightly different state to state to province, but they are basically similar.

It helps explain why in 15 years he has gotten zero deer I can average almost 2 per year. I am mostly worried if an officer visits on a fluke and fines him then they will start to visit on a regular basis.

OK - From info in your post:

You know it's legal.
In 15 yrs he has had no safety incidents carrying 2 guns.
AND its not affected your success deer hunting.

YET, you still think its unsafe and want him fined.

I think you need to mind your own !)@^^ business.

Last edited by RaySendero; 12-20-2016 at 04:22 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe this guy needs one of those old German drillings with both shotgun and rifle barrels. They may still make something like that.
Old 12-20-2016, 05:24 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jenks
Maybe this guy needs one of those old German drillings with both shotgun and rifle barrels. They may still make something like that.
sounds to me like he is happy doing what he's doing. to each their own
Old 12-20-2016, 05:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey ladies...this thread is 4 years old...lol
Old 12-20-2016, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

LOL, Oh Gosh

Thx jeepkid,

I try to remember to check the OP date before I post,

But this one got me!

I don't know how or why anyone revives a thread as old as this one,

But wish they would include a note or disclaimer when they do.

Last edited by RaySendero; 12-20-2016 at 06:06 AM.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a CZ 12 gauge over and 7X57r under. I often carry it while scouting during the day. I occasionally flush a Fox while scouting, sometimes a Hare, Dove or Pheasant.

The rifle is nice when my dog finds a Deer or Hog injured from a vehicle collision. Road kill, wounded, severely injured or sick animals don't count here on your tags or quota. Part of the Hunters ethic to put them down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.