Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
scabbard or just sling it across my back? >

scabbard or just sling it across my back?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

scabbard or just sling it across my back?

Old 05-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default scabbard or just sling it across my back?

i recently got a hogue pistol grip for my pardner pump, i'm gonna use it hiking and camping in the woods for protection. i put a nice padded sling on it and it rides nice across my back, but i have seen some scabbards on ebay and have wondered about them. would they make it easier to carry my gun?, and how good are they about carrying and are they durable? i've never seen nobody with one and thought i would ask, i've also thought of the price which is $30-50 and thats alot of ammo there too, since my sling works good but if the scabbard would be better i'll probably get it. thanks for any help.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Spike

the thing about scabbards is that the weapon can get hung up on them, hard to get the weapon out of it. a sling only takes about 5 seconds to get into the ready position. and when you have a bear or cougar running towards you, you want every second to count.