Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
lost part of trigger finger to day >

lost part of trigger finger to day

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

lost part of trigger finger to day

Old 04-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default lost part of trigger finger to day

any tips on to shoot now i lost jest after the first nuckle its not fun cut it off with a band saw i love shooting and im not going to stop sorry about spelling and gamer im prity mest up off pain killers thanks for any tips
Old 04-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Typical Buck

hey mattisbob, a few years ago my son lost the tip of his shooting finger. not as drastic as yours but took the tip back to half way down on his fingernail in a bike chain accident. He has adapted quite well using his middle finger. He probably doesn't have too but the accident happened right before hunting season. that was 4 years ago and now he still uses his middle finger. you could also try getting a lefty setup if you are right handed or vise versa. Good luck but you aren't out of the game yet. plenty of options for you.

And sorry about your finger, that sucks. They couldn't reattach it?
Old 04-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Fork Horn

Wny is right on with switching to shoot with your middle finger, it's a lot easier than trying to train yourself to shoot with your non dominant eye.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Typical Buck

Stapher's right that's what my uncle did after losing his finger. It's not as normal but more of a mental thing.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Use the middle finger, you'll adjust easily. Just be careful when shooting revolvers, and semis that your index stays out of the way, you don't wanna shave even more off! Best of luck!
-Jake
Old 04-17-2012, 01:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

While I admire your dedication, if I had just lost the tip of my finger TODAY, I would be focused on something other than shooting. You can always figure out a new way to shoot, but you're going to be spending a great deal of time re-learning how to do a great number of things without that finger. I gotta agree with the others, run your new stub down the side of your weapon and pull your trigger with your middle finger. For what it's worth, you might TRY swapping hands a few times. I shoot pistols, rifles, and shotguns pretty much equally well with either hand. I've had a few wrist, shoulder, and elbow injuries (15yrs of wrestling, 18yrs of riding bulls, and one slippery top step) that caused me to swap left to right a few times over the years, it's not as difficult as people would make you think. I'm actually preferentially left eye dominant, and I "naturally" shoot pistols left handed, but I learned rifles and shotguns right handed, so that's my "natural" form. I practice both ways now, just so I know I'm proficient either way.

Sucks to hear about your injury, and here's hoping for a speedy recovery!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry about your accident.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are like me, your middle finger should be in much better shape. I would use it to shoot for sure. Why not, I use it in Denver traffic every single day.

Sorry to hear you got hurt. Good luck!!!

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 04-17-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

After fighting Denver traffic twice last Fall going to and from a mulie hunt down in New Mexico, I can see how a middle finger would be strong and quite useful out there, LOL!
Old 04-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Fork Horn

thank you all my finger feels fine cut it of Monday back to work on Thursday when it heals i will go shooting and see if how the middle finger works hopefully i can get back my shot buy hunting season gona miss all of turkey season so that sucks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.