Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Defective Remingtons >

Defective Remingtons

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Defective Remingtons

Old 04-17-2012, 01:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Big Uncle---I can assure you that I'm not an anti-gun nut or any kind of anti, other than anti BO! I will be 65 in August, started hunting and shooting when I was five thanks to my Dad who got me started, and I haven't looked back since then. I am basically what you would call "obsessed" with hunting and shooting and I guess that's why anyone who does differ with me isn't on my favorites list. I'll quit now because it's obviously just pissing people off that in my mind don't have the objectivity and time to even listen to the inventor of a product and what he has to say, so good day and I hope all of you naysayer's Remingtons are always pointed in the proper direction if/when something happens and they go off! Peace!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
It was asked that facts be put up on this thread.
Nope. You said in black and white from Remington. I asked you to post that.

For every gun smith that has wrote something bad about Remington 700's, there have been 5 that have wrote something good.

I think, bad trigger jobs, bad cleaning procedures (or no cleaning at all) and sheer carelessness is the root of 99.9% of these problems.

There will always be problems with anything mechanical. A Mercedes will break down. It will break down faster when worked on by a uncertified Mercedes mechanic.

I think Remington is a good company that produces a great product and they care about our sports of shooting and hunting.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you want this thread to go away and the topic to be dismissed, why in the he** do you keep bringing it back to the top, LOL! Looks like all you want to do is argue and have the last word, now saying there's "probably" a 5 to 1 gunsmith ratio saying there is no problem. It would have been logical in a debate like this to introduce some of those into the thread don't you think, rather than just "saying so"? You say: "I think, bad trigger jobs, bad cleaning procedures (or no cleaning at all) and sheer carelessness is the root of 99.9% of these problems." I think if you will look back in the thread that I basically agreed that those can be underlying problems that can even exacerbate the connector problem the way the mechanism is open to fouling compared to most designs! You say: "I think Remington is a good company that produces a great product and they care about our sports of shooting and hunting." I would hope so since their basic business is producing firearms and ammo, and afterall, a business is normally created to makey MONEY for the owners and/or shareholders, LOL! You win! Remingtons are better than sliced bread! Are ya happy now?

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-18-2012 at 04:32 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

LAST WORD!

There I got it and this thread can end!

You all can go on living your lives hating or loving Remington and Remington will go on continuing to manufacturer the Model 700 and people will continue to buy it regardless of the bad press it has received from the left controlled media.