Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Defective Remingtons >

Defective Remingtons

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Defective Remingtons

Old 04-16-2012, 12:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Give me a break man! You wouldn't admit that the sun isn't the moon if your life depended on it LOL! I just went into the video and stopped it at the 19-20 second mark like you stated and the memo is basically impossible to read, including the numbers 721 if a person didn't know what they were looking for. Anyway, is not a M721 in the 700 series that we're talking about here? You made no mention of the actual information Mike gave in the interview. Why is that? Was it because it backs up everything I've been stating and refutes your comments? Everything Remington produced after he invented it in the late 40s and then patented it in 1950 had that trigger in it until 2006 when they finally took it out of everything except the cheap 770. Incidentally, FYI the 721 and 722 series rifles were in what Remington called a "Safety Modification Program" after they were discontinued in 1961. That modification was/is to remove the bolt-lock feature so that the rifle can be loaded/unloaded while the safe is in a "safe" position, rather than putting it into the "fire" position like they were originallly designed. It is/was apparently another attempt by Remington to lessen the problems they were having with lawsuits over the guns going off without the trigger being pulled. You really need to go take a hike and think things over, as you're not helping yourself with these ridiculous responses!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-16-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is starting to sound like the troubled board of the past where a very few guys did anything they could to stir the pot. Brand bashing at any cost without any direct knowledge ("internet research", etc.) is not a good thing.

Empty cans rattle loudest.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Haha yourself numbnuts! As I mentioned before, your reading comprehension must be about zero as I never said anything about the 700 rifle being in the program. I said the 721 & 722. Read the following taken right off the Remington website:

Remington Model 721 & 722

If you own a Remington Model 721 or 722 rifle:
All Remington Model 721 and 722 rifles were manufactured with a bolt-lock mechanism. These models were discontinued in 1961. If you participate in the Safety Modification Program, your firearm will be cleaned and inspected for proper functioning, by a qualified gunsmith. Once the condition of your firearm has been assessed, you will be notified of one of the following:
Your rifle’s trigger assembly is otherwise in good operating condition and the gunsmith will proceed to physically remove the bolt-lock feature so that your rifle can be loaded and unloaded while the safety remains in the “S” or “On Safe” position; or
Your rifle’s trigger assembly is found to be in an unsatisfactory or potentially unsafe operating condition because of any number of factors, including wear, alteration or maintenance. The entire trigger assembly will be replaced with a new factory trigger assembly, which does not incorporate a bolt-lock mechanism.

In either case, the total cost to you is $20 plus shipping and handling. You will also receive a safety redemption certificate to complete and submit in order to receive a free blaze orange hat (one hat per certificate).

How to participate in the Safety Modification Program

Complete the General Repair Form and
Send or deliver your firearm and the completed repair form to:

Remington Arms Company, Inc.
Ilion Firearms Plant
Attention: BL Safety Program
14 Hoefler Avenue
Ilion, NY 13357

Remington will bill or arrange for payment once your firearm is received and evaluated.

BIG UNCLE---I'm not stirring the pot unless that's what you call posting facts right from the inventor himself, LOL! If you haven't read all the memos from Walker and Remington or watched the video where Walker discusses the problem with his invention and the fix he wanted Remington to do and they wouldn't because of money then STFU!!! This is not "brand bashing" even though it's just one particular manufacturer. I'd also be posting this information if it involved any of the manufacturers of the firearms I have in my safes as well (pre 64 Model 70s, Rugers, Sakos, etc.) so take your post and stick it where the sun don't shine! I quit because you guys that post all this **** with no facts to back yourselves up suck big time and if it happens to you I guarantee that none of you will be man enough to admit that you were wrong! BANG, there went another one, LOL!!!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-16-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont know why you guys are even messing with this troll. These azzsmokers are hitting the 24hour board heavily with this trash also...
Old 04-17-2012, 05:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Go take a dump doe!!! You obviously are another that can't read and write past the first grade level. Did you watch the short video where the inventor discussed the problem. If you haven't, then you can STFU too!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did you watch the short video where the inventor discussed the problem.

Would that be the short video interview of the inventor extracted from the CNBC report which you said you never watched one minute of? You know the CNBC story that you posted a youtube link to despite your claim of never having watched anything from CNBC about this issue. LOL!

How old are you? 12?

Last edited by Todd1700; 04-17-2012 at 05:27 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

None of you must be able to read and comprehend anything stated on this thread including you Mr. Todd1700! I specifically stated that I just ran across this video (that I made the link of) as I was trying to find out if Mr. Walker is still living, meaning I just saw this video yesterday! It was made due to the other stupid comment made by another member earlier in the day that the guy must be a clairvoyant because the trigger was invented in the 40s. That showed he hadn't done any investigation on the subject because Mr. Walker, if he hasn't died recently, will be 100 or maybe 101 in several weeks. Here is the statement I made (C/Pd from that post): His given name is Merle. His birthday is May 5 and if he hasn't died since I looked all this stuff up a couple years ago I believe he'll be 100 in a few weeks. In trying to find out if he's still alive, I ran into this short video interview on the internet that he apparently did during the time NBC was putting their story together and it pretty wells sums up this whole thing. This is the first video I've watched regarding the subject and I don't think I need to watch anything else because it pretty much covers the entire matter.

***If you guys would just quit arguing for arguments sake with statements that I have easily refuted and look a few things up for yourselves, you might have a clue as to the actual problem. All I've tried to do is warn others who may have firearms that are being discussed to look into it before they may have a discharge like is being discussed. It's really amazing how many people still don't know about this and come on threads like this on various hunting/shooting websites saying this is the first they heard about it or that it happened to them one time and they wondered what the deal was, etc. IMHO it is doing a big injustice to make fun of someone (calling me a troll, azzsmoker, etc.) who is just trying to inform others of a possible problem they might have with something that can kill! Besides that, it is also against the website rules to make personal attacks instead of just debating the topic. If I can help even one person, I think that is great. If people read statements that it can't happen and not to worry like you guys are posting and then something disastrous happens to them or a loved one I wouldn't want to live with that if I were you. Remington is not being hurt by what I'm trying to ask people to look into and if someone reads what I've posted and it saves even one person's life then I will sleep better. Not one single post that you guys have put up on this thread have anything of substance in it to refute what even the inventor has stated about the mechanism! It's just continuous BS remarks and attacks on a member and as I mentioned, that is a violation of more than one rule on this website.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-17-2012 at 06:12 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your defense of your opinions has become more and more abrasive (suggesting posters "STFU", etc). This is an old topic that has been repeatedly targeted by the anti-gun press, so of course people will be looking at internet posts with a jaundiced eye. People either believe it is a problem or they do not. You don't need to beat it to death or be offensive to people that do not agree.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe so and I'll do it again when a person comes on here that doesn't even know me and calls me an "azzsmoker" amongst others! Having a different opinion on something and stating the reason why are one thing in a debate. Doing like this thread has done with people just making wisecracks and calling me names when we are talking serious ramifications on a subject like this absolutely sucks!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
... calls me an "azzsmoker" amongst others!
Yes, that is out of line. I don't even have any remote idea what an "azzsmoker" is, but it sounds like an insult.

I do disagree with you, and your opinion. This is one of the anti-gunners (which I do not believe that you are) proudest moments when they were able to create doubt in the public's view about firearm safety by attacking one of our largest and oldest manufacturers. I don't doubt that there have been a few (obviously very few) defects in producing the number of firearms that are in the hands of the public. However, I am sure you can see that making blanket statements about a manufacturer look and smell like bashing when the overwhelming majority of firearms owners have personal experiences that differ.

I had a Ruger M-77 that fired when the safety was released one day. There were three other guys there with me, but thankfully the rifle was pointed in the general direction of a surly groundhog. We were able to repeat the firing action with the (now unloaded) rifle a couple more times. I don't know why it happened, it had never happened before or been adjusted by anyone, but a trigger replacement cured the problem. No law suits, no story on TV, no big deal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.