Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
cz 858 barrel and corrosive ammo >

cz 858 barrel and corrosive ammo

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

cz 858 barrel and corrosive ammo

Old 04-05-2012, 01:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default cz 858 barrel and corrosive ammo

i picked up a cz 858. most guys will know this gun as the vz 58 but the 858 is new production with a longer non chrome lined barrel. what i am wondering is if the none chrome lined barrel will take excessive wear and tear from my milsurp s&b ammo which has corrosive priming. yes i do know chrome lining prolongs barrel life due to hardness but since i clean my rifles within 4 hours of shooting milsurp, can the corrosive components do any more damage then shooting non corrosive? any imput from guys with actual experiance from either burning a barrel out or having the gun keep chuggen, would be appreciated. the rifle is expected to have around 2000 rounds though it annually, probably more. 99% will be 1985 s&b steel core fmj czech milsurp.