Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
American Eagle Safe (Help pls) >

American Eagle Safe (Help pls)

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

American Eagle Safe (Help pls)

Old 03-08-2012, 07:35 PM
Spike

Default American Eagle Safe (Help pls)

Hello Huntingnet.com,

I'm hoping that someone can help me here. Recently, my father passed away and he left me his firearms and other valuables in his combination Canon AE safe. One problem. He didn't leave me the combination. While cleaning the house however, I found an envelope entitled "Your combination is enclosed, keep on file, do not lock in safe". After searching through this envelope all I found was directions as to how to dial open the safe. They use numbers in the instructions however somewhere on the paper it says "sample numbers".

I was wondering whether or not these were the actual combination numbers or just a sample.

Anyone else own one of these?

Thank you in advance,
Zag
Old 03-09-2012, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

If they were in the instructions, its likely they are just examples. Did you try the numbers? I know my safe had the numbers on a card, instructions separate.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:31 AM
Spike

I did. And it didn't work. hBut I also think I'm not 100% on opening a safe yet.. I'll try again when I clean some more. I'm really eager to find out whats inside. I'd also like to go shooting soon, so hopefully this works out.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you provide the manufacturer with proof of ownership and the serial number, I think they can give you the combination.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

If it's a mechanical combination that was already set by the manufacturer, you should be able to give them the serial number and get the numbers, as was mentioned previously. If it's a digital like my Cannon, your Dad probably followed the instructions that came with it and changed the original numbers after he opened it and it probably has his own unique numbers now. If the latter is the case, you may be screwed and have to get a locksmith to open it. Good luck!
Old 03-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Spike

Thanks guys. What would be considered proof of ownership? And is it possible to obtain a combination if it isn't registered to you? Like in my case.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:06 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by zagmando
thanks guys. What would be considered proof of ownership? And is it possible to obtain a combination if it isn't registered to you? Like in my case.
you will have to call them with proof.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Spike

Right.. but what kind of proof. Is there some certificate? A serial number I need to give to them?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would call the manufacturer, tell them your situation and see what they say. Gonna be up to them on how they handle it anyhow, not what any of us tell you.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Spike

I was trying to avoid their 25 minute phone wait as long as I could. I did call. They said they only keep them on record for a year and a half or so. It was purchased like 5 years ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.