Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Browning xbolt stainless stalker or rem 700 xcr >

Browning xbolt stainless stalker or rem 700 xcr

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning xbolt stainless stalker or rem 700 xcr

Old 02-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Spike

Default Browning xbolt stainless stalker or rem 700 xcr

if it came down to these two which would you rather have new? and why? dont say because of looks i want to know which is more reliable and which has more great features than the other. i want an xbolt but more research has me curious about the rem 700. i want to know which is better quality i dont want to know nor do i care if its american or not i will be buying 270 wsm please help? my price range is 1000$ to 1500$ if you can think of any other new models of rifle that are in that price range that are better more accurate than the two i named i would like to know give me the facts dont start a chevy vs ford convo lmao. i dont want to know what you like i want to know what is better factually.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jarrey,

"..........which has more great features than the other."

Only YOU can say "what is a great feature".

".........which is more reliable......"

If you are talking about bolt action rifles; you rack over a round and pull the trigger, it goes bang.

I own a X-Bolt Stainless Stalker (love it)............and I would buy a Remington 700 XCR anyday !

Depends on which features YOU want in YOUR rifle !!!

Not for nothin, but I not a big believer in short mags.

Never found a "need" for one.............
Old 02-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Spike

i guess i dont know much about rifles or parts so i dont know much about the features they do i have i can put the simple stuff together but as far as materials of the action and what the difference between actions is i dont know i try to be wise with my money and i like quality stuff lol i want my first buy to be an the best descision i can make for the situation

too often i make bad decisions so i want to take my time do as much research and asking questions s i can and make the right decision and not kick myelf in the ass for it xD 6 months and 6 blackberries later i find myself with an iphone gee that was alot of money spent that couldve been avoided had i made the right decision the first time

Last edited by Jarrey12; 02-01-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jarrey12
if it came down to these two which would you rather have new? and why? dont say because of looks i want to know which is more reliable and which has more great features than the other. i want an xbolt but more research has me curious about the rem 700. i want to know which is better quality i dont want to know nor do i care if its american or not i will be buying 270 wsm please help? my price range is 1000$ to 1500$ if you can think of any other new models of rifle that are in that price range that are better more accurate than the two i named i would like to know give me the facts dont start a chevy vs ford convo lmao. i dont want to know what you like i want to know what is better factually.

Having owned a Browning XBolt and a few Remington 700's(not an XCR), I found the Browning to be more accurate.

The FN made Winchester Model 70 Extreme Weather is in your price range. It has a Bell & Carlson synthetic stock with aluminum bedding block, a good user adjustable trigger, 3 position safety, and control round feeding.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:18 AM
Fork Horn

browning xbolt all the way
Old 02-02-2012, 08:38 AM
Spike

I have never owned a rem rifle , but own 6 browning rifles, a-bolts and x-bolts, and have always had good luck with browning , they shoot good, and I really like being able to have a detachable clip . my friend has the rem where he has no clip and has that spring thing that drops the ammo out the bottom. I have another question for u on the reason for u wanting a 270wsm, over a standard 270win??? I do own both 270wsm and a 270win and if u look at the ballistics of the 2 bullets u are spliting hairs, u dont really gain that much more from the wsm over the 270win, I wish I would of did more research before I bought mine, and here is the big kicker, u can BUY 270 win ammo Way cheaper than 270wsm ammo, just saying and for most things u can hunt u can do with the old 270 win ,, as for shooting bigger game I shot a 300wsmor grab my 7mm rem mag, I see alot of guys now buying 300wsm over alot of the other wsm out there, seeing u can hunt all the way from deer size game to moose. elk, bear, ect..... dont get me wrong, im not telling u what to buy just giving u some ideas from someone who bought both, and the 270wsm was a gift from my ex girlfriend so I didnt say no lol,, well good luck.... I vote for the Browning very good shooting and never had any problems, take care.

Last edited by abolt913; 02-02-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:57 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by abolt913
I have never owned a rem rifle , but own 6 browning rifles, a-bolts and x-bolts, and have always had good luck with browning , they shoot good, and I really like being able to have a detachable clip . my friend has the rem where he has no clip and has that spring thing that drops the ammo out the bottom. I have another question for u on the reason for u wanting a 270wsm, over a standard 270win??? I do own both 270wsm and a 270win and if u look at the ballistics of the 2 bullets u are spliting hairs, u dont really gain that much more from the wsm over the 270win, I wish I would of did more research before I bought mine, and here is the big kicker, u can BUY 270 win ammo Way cheaper than 270wsm ammo, just saying and for most things u can hunt u can do with the old 270 win ,, as for shooting bigger game I shot a 300wsmor grab my 7mm rem mag, I see alot of guys now buying 300wsm over alot of the other wsm out there, seeing u can hunt all the way from deer size game to moose. elk, bear, ect..... dont get me wrong, im not telling u what to buy just giving u some ideas from someone who bought both, and the 270wsm was a gift from my ex girlfriend so I didnt say no lol,, well good luck.... I vote for the Browning very good shooting and never had any problems, take care.
My cousin will be teaching me to reload so i guess ammo price isnt a big concern of mine i will be shooting a 300 wsm and a 7mm wsm on the weekend we`ll see how i like the kick of those i just like the shorter action less weight
Old 02-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

consider sako 85 finnlight synthetic/stainless.... although these may be more than $1500 but worth it IMO!

I like the 60 degree bolt lift of the browning, but 23" barrel in a 270wsm, I'd really want 24" but not a huge deal i guess.

although not crazy about either stock I think I'd give the edge to the xcr II stock.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Spike

The 300wsm kicks about the same as a 30-06 imo. good luck I picked up a 7-08 x-bolt in stainless last spring and I love the gun, its going to be my go to gun for deer here in wisconsin, thing shoots great , light weight, short action and dosent hardly kick, I did a little reserched the ammo before hand and it has real good ballistcs ,
Old 02-02-2012, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like em both.
cant really go wrong.
differences...browning doesnt really make anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.