Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
English Stock for a Mossberg 500? >

English Stock for a Mossberg 500?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

English Stock for a Mossberg 500?

Old 01-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Spike

Default English Stock for a Mossberg 500?

Does anyone know where I can get an english style straight grip stock for a Mossberg 500 12 ga or has anyone have experience making one?

I'm a grouse hunter and I'd like to fashion my 500 along the line of the Browning BPS Upland or the old Remington 870 Upland Special. I have the 20" and 24" extra barrels (haven't decided which I like more, yet, but I'm leaning towards the 24") but I've always liked the straight style stock and I haven't seen one on a 500.

Anybody have any ideas?
Old 01-12-2012, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Aside from looking at all of the aftermarket stocks for the 500, don't know what to tell you. Of course it's probably possible to make one, but you might end up with as much money in the stock, or more, than the gun.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

If you cant find any for sale anywhere, you'd have to make one. I do like the straight grip stock better too though. I would think that somebody, somewhere is making these. Just gotta look around online maybe? Let us know if you find one.
-Jake