Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Don't order a gun from Cheaper than Dirt, Unless you want to WAIT >

Don't order a gun from Cheaper than Dirt, Unless you want to WAIT

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Don't order a gun from Cheaper than Dirt, Unless you want to WAIT

Old 12-13-2011, 08:21 AM
Spike

Default Don't order a gun from Cheaper than Dirt, Unless you want to WAIT

Alright here is the deal. I ordered a Marlin 336 from cheaper than dirt, I looked around and they had the best price. I follow the instructions to the letter, I put it in my shopping cart and checkout. Then I drove to my local ffl dealer and he sent all the information in an email. This was done on Thursday 12/8. The warehouse received the information at 2:11 pm their time. On Friday I looked at my order and saw it was still being processed at the warehouse. I called them, the women I talked to told that my gun had shipped out it just took the system 24 hours to update. I confirmed this with her 2 more times and I was very pleased. On Saturday I look and the order still says being processed at our warehouse. Again I call and talk to a rude women on the phone who informed me that it would ship out Monday. I ask her about what I had been told be for and she feed me some bs. On Monday morning It still has not shipped out, I send them and email explaining the issue. Their email was not an apology, it was just an excuse about how the warehouse was busy, but that it would ship today (Monday). Now it is Tuesday, My gun has still not shipped.

The bottom line is this, I don't mind waiting 5 or 6 days for something. Lots of reviews on cheaper than dirt said that they received their guns in 3 to 4 days. But I have never had to wait 7 or more days for a product from the internet, even those from Canada. I had a day off work on Thursday and wanted to shoot it, but now that is a bust. AND I STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED EVEN AN APOLOGY.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

cancel your order, give business to another company. I never had a problem with orders from them, I never ordered a gun from them, not worth it, with the strict laws here in NJ. I'm having a problem with Cabela's with a firearm, Remington 11-87 Sportsman Synthetic Deer Shotgun in 20ga. they claim they can't get it, but other places have them, only reason I'm want to go thru Cabelas is the fact I have more then 1/2 the money in gift cards
Old 12-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I understand your frustration. You have to remember it's Christmas time and they are probably up to their eyes in orders. I'm sure you'd get fast service other times of the year. There's no excuse for rudeness I'd have to tell them to shove that order.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

Or maybe they are selling guns they don't have in stock and have to wait till the factory or distributor ships to them.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ruger-Redhawk
You have to remember it's Christmas time
Bullspit.....THEY have to remember it's Christmas time!!!!!

You was lied to....move on to a company with credibility!
Old 12-17-2013, 12:39 AM
Typical Buck

OK , somebody tell me how this mail order gun stuff works.
I know they have to ship to a licensed dealer.

Do you place the order and give them the name of the dealer where you want the gun shipped or do they identify a local dealer and tell you where to pick up the gun?

I'm sure these dealers aren't doing all this for free. What's their fee? Is it a standard processing fee or does it vary with the individual dealer?

I've never ordered a gun in this way so I'm curious.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Bullcamp82834
OK , somebody tell me how this mail order gun stuff works.
I know they have to ship to a licensed dealer.

Do you place the order and give them the name of the dealer where you want the gun shipped or do they identify a local dealer and tell you where to pick up the gun?

I'm sure these dealers aren't doing all this for free. What's their fee? Is it a standard processing fee or does it vary with the individual dealer?

I've never ordered a gun in this way so I'm curious.
I've done a few gun deals where they had to be shipped. Never dealt with CheaperThanDirt on a firearm though, mine were all privately accomplished.

The deals I have done we done in a manner in which I chose where I wanted it shipped. An FFL is required to do this. I used to have one but gave it up when Clinton was in office because the price for having it rose dramatically. When I used someone else's FFL, the average price for doing it was $25 or $30. I had a guy try to charge $75 once and I just laughed at him and went to another dealer.

The last time I had to do this was about 3 years ago when I picked up a Mauser Model 98 action, for a future custom build, and actions also require an FFL to ship. Not sure what the going rates are now though.
Old 12-17-2013, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

It probably depends to some degree on your location. And, I think some dealers recognize that pulling in transfer business is still good for their ammunition and accessories sales, so they're not as averse to transfers as one might think and they can be pretty competitive. The going rate around here seems to be $25.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

So what I'm hearing is to find a local dealer first, get his price for the transfer, and when that agreement has been reached go ahead and order the gun.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

You guys do realize you're posting after a spammer brought up a 2-year-old thread with a spam post/link? The spammer and his post have been deleted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.