Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
What to offer for..... >

What to offer for.....

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What to offer for.....

Old 11-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Fork Horn

Question What to offer for.....

I stopped at my local gunshop on the way home from work and one of the guys that works there has a Rem 700 XCRII in .280 and i've been bugging him about selling to me since it's just collecting dust at his house. And he asked me to make him a offer on it.

Now, it's 1yr old with 60 rds out of it. Bare gun, no rings, mounts or optics. It has Remmy's plastic stock. The gunshop sells it for new for $809, i'm assuming that he didn't pay full price on it, since he works there. So what would be a fair number to offer for it? I got a one in my head but it's nice to see if i'm off and by how much.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

$550.00-$600.00 max chad
Old 12-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

What he paid for it is irrelevant. Value on a used item is derived from condition, age, and most importantly desire. His cost doesn't affect value so that shouldnt equate into the purchase of the firearm.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Gangly
What he paid for it is irrelevant. Value on a used item is derived from condition, age, and most importantly desire. His cost doesn't affect value so that shouldnt equate into the purchase of the firearm.
Exactly!!!!!

A reasonable price on that gun will run $450-$600....depends on how much you want it and how bad he wants to sell....but what he paid for it is irrelevant!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:55 AM
Spike

i agree with the others, a lightly used xcr i would think to worth around $600, if you get it less than that I would say that is a really good deal