Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
If I were to sell my custom HCR rifle, would anyone be interested? >

If I were to sell my custom HCR rifle, would anyone be interested?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

If I were to sell my custom HCR rifle, would anyone be interested?

Old 09-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default If I were to sell my custom HCR rifle, would anyone be interested?

This isn't really a post for the classifieds yet since I haven't 100% decided to sell, and.......Ok...Ok...Ok......I hear ya'll......."Don't sell the rifle."....."You'll loose tons of money"........I hear ya', but I'm still considering it.

Always wanted to have a custom build, but I chose the .300 Win. Mag. caliber because I had a pretty good shot at going on an elk hunt for the next 2-3 seasons.......well....things fell through with the elks hunts, and I just really don't need anything as big as the .300 Winny for whitetails.

Thought about having Hill Country Rifles build me a lightweight .280 instead, but I would need to sell this rifle and put the money towards the .280 build.

Anyway, I was just curious if anyone here on HuntingNet would be intersted or know someone who might be in this rifle if I did decide to sell it. I know I'm going to loose money, and I'm ok with loosing SOME. It was a bad caliber choice on my part.

Before I even thought about putting it on GunBroker or something, I thought I would ask here since I've sold a couple rifles through the classifieds before with great results.

Hill Country Rifle Custom Field Stalker
.300 Win. Mag.
Left Handed Stiller Predator stainless action
Jewell trigger set at 3#'s
Hart #4 contour stainless barrel at 24"
McMillan stock (olive drab green with black webbing)

Rifle shot a .56" 3 shot group with Hornady Interlocks at HCR. Factory targets included along with all paperwork showing what was done and how much it cost. I've only had a chance to put about 10 rounds through it myself.

If you or anyone you know might be interested, please PM me or just call me at 903.521.3030

Just trying to gauge interest and entertain offers.

Matt Schoolcraft
Attached Thumbnails If I were to sell my custom HCR rifle, would anyone be interested?-hcr-.300.jpg  

Last edited by schoolcraft; 09-21-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

What about contacting Hill Country to find out if they do any trades, or will take it in on commission? Kinda sounds like you might just want to hold off and see if your mind changes again.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

I like Boone's idea too. Contact them... Being that you used it so little, they may be interested in taking it back and working you a deal on the .280. Might be hard to sell a lefty like that
-Jake
Old 09-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would buy it if it was a 280 or a 30-06. I have never liked the 300 win mag or the 7mm rem mag, they do not do enough over the 280 or the 30-06 to warrant the extra length, recoil, and the extra expense to shoot. Nice damn gun but wrong caliber selection. IMO anyway.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Schoolcraft (Matt),

Contact HCR and tell them what your thinking is.

I'm sure Hill Country wants you to end up walking a way from this "whole experience" being happy.

Particularly in the light you are willing to "deal" a little bit.

Worth a phone call !!!

Lastly, IMO there ain't nothin wrong with having a .300 Win Mag as a back-up rifle on ANY big game hunt.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the input folks. I emailed HCR about what i would like to do. We'll see what they say
Old 09-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Send me a PM with some pictures and the price. I have been in the market for a nice upgraded hunting rifle. And I want one in left hand. The cartridge does not bother me at all. Heck I would load it down. I have been seriously looking at ordering a new Cooper in 30-06.

How much does the rifle weigh?? Tom.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

Well, no luck with a "trade in" option at HCR.....and i dont blame them. That's not the business they're in. So it looks like i'll be selling it or keeping it.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by schoolcraft

Always wanted to have a custom build, but I chose the .300 Win. Mag. caliber because I had a pretty good shot at going on an elk hunt for the next 2-3 seasons.......well....things fell through with the elks hunts, and I just really don't need anything as big as the .300 Winny for whitetails.

Matt Schoolcraft
How did these elk hunts fall through?
If it's money, understandable, but if it's friends who were wishy washy, I would buck up and book a hunt with an outfitter and get it done/make it happen! and use this .300win.mag.

Buy a rem700 in 280 or whatever and keep it would be my advice.
Old 09-24-2011, 10:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Keep it.............you"ll be wanting a .300 WM somewhere down the road anyway !!!

Now you just need a new plan for your elk hunt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.