Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Browning Abolt >

Browning Abolt

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning Abolt

Old 09-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default Browning Abolt

Ive been trying to sell a browning Abolt 300 mag. Its staneless/synthetic has browning rings/bases a 3x9 burris fullfield scope ive been askin 600 and havnt been able to move it had one guy offer 450 but i passed. Am i asking too much? Whats a fait price?
Old 09-09-2011, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Have you looked on the various gun auction sites to find out what similar rifles are going for? I would think the price is good at $600 considering the rifle comes with a decent scope. This is assuming the rifle is in good condition?
Old 09-09-2011, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can get a new Browning A-bolt ( non stailess) from Buds for 500 bucks shipped. The scope you have on it is not worth anything to most people and does not increase the value because it will probably be replaced by whomever buys the gun.

Face to face without shipping an FFL charges, someone may give you 600, but I doubt it. I think you are a little high. Try selling the scope seperate from the rifle is your best chance. Good luck.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

If it is the basic stainless A-Bolt....I have to agree with Co Dog...you can buy the gun new for close to the price (minus the scope) as you are asking if you shop hard. It's a common caliber and not left handed or the medallion model...so yeah...seems a little high, but I wouldn't go down to $450 either...As CO mentions, maybe try to sell the scope separately?
Old 09-09-2011, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd try to sell the scope. I think you can get $120-130 for it as I've sold a few of them, and then I'd say $400-450 for the gun would be more than reasonable. I think the problem is that everyone thinks their guns are worth the price of new ones, so when you look at what others are for sale for, the prices are high. For a while people still bought them, but lately at least in this area people having finally started wising up for the most part and are no longer paying new prices for used guns.
Old 09-09-2011, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sell the scope separately. I second hometheaterman's comments.
Old 09-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks everybody.my plans are to sell it and buy a 25-06 so i may just keep the scope and sell the rifle.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

You might want to post it up for trade. Someone may have a couple of bad to the bone 22.250's but would like a 300 win mag. To the right person that is heavy on guns and short on cash, you might run into a sweet deal.

We have a couple of web sites where the people are all local and we buy and sell from each other all the time.