Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
How to make an H&R 243 shoot half decent? >

How to make an H&R 243 shoot half decent?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How to make an H&R 243 shoot half decent?

Old 09-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would never go on a booked hunt, out of state with a $174 POS HR/NEF rifle. But thats just me. The hunt had to cost a few bucks.

Their barrels are rough as a cobb, their triggers can't be made decent at any price and the lock time on them is like swingin an axe.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Typical Buck

While I have 2 H&R's (a 223 and a 243) and love them both...I too would not spend a ton of $ trying to accurize them. While mine are decently accurate, it took a few loads to get them there, I know people that have some that never shot well no matter what they did or shot. I would never take one on a big hunt or especially on one out of state that cost me big $$. If it were me, I'd spend the $ on a better rifle for your son for the hunt...unfortunately, for a young kid, time behind the trigger before a hunt is equally important. If you don't have that kind of time for him to shoot something else, I suppose I might also do what you are...good luck.