Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 come back  of the side by side >

come back of the side by side

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

come back of the side by side

Old 08-09-2003, 06:23 PM

Default come back of the side by side

side by side shot guns or double barrle are becoming very popular again for upland shooters i have one myself and i love it now im refinshing the stock on it . i have a friend that whants to buy a pump but prices are high. i wonder if the trend in side by sides will cause a fall in prices of regular shot guns. Does anyone think so?
Old 08-09-2003, 06:46 PM

Default RE: come back of the side by side

hard too say, i own two of both and I would have too say my side by sides are my favorite over the pumps.
Old 08-09-2003, 09:37 PM
Typical Buck

i can' t remember the last time another action type caused the price of another to go down , i' ve only seen the more inexpensive ones go up.

and the side by side is one of my favorites too. as that' s the first shotgun i learned to shoot , my grandfathers old side by side stevens 12 guage. i remember the first time he had me fire it , he wanted my to get used to the recoil so he set up a paper target on our old manure pyle and had me shoot away at it , supervised by him of course
Old 08-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too love a side by side.....and I' m recommending a SKB 385 sporting clays model

I have a 12 Ga and a 28 Ga and love both of them.
Old 08-10-2003, 07:04 AM

I have two, a Savage Fox 12 gauge and a Stevens 311 16 gauge.
Old 08-10-2003, 01:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

After shooting pumps,autoloaders and o/u' s for many years I finally bought a quality side by side and am in love with it...should have bought one a long time ago when they were cheaper....
Old 08-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-13-2003, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

I shoot a double, also, and I can tell you that nothing feels (or looks) better in your hands than a slim little English-stocked 20-bore that weighs about 5 1/2 lbs. Mine is a sidelock with hand-detachable locks and a pretty nice piece of wood.

I must admit that I feel pretty darn good when I uncase it and let my best setter out of the rig for a day' s hunting or a field trial. Everyone who is around gives a knowing nod and an envious smile...you can almost see the wheels turning in their heads trying to figure out how they can justify it to their wives.

Old 08-13-2003, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don' t think that we' ll notice a decline in the prices of ' regular' shotguns, especially from the point they are now, the reason that more and more guys are opting for SxS' s is because there are more and more inexspensive models available, and everyone is in love with the past, grand-dad had a SxS....Personally I think they balance a whole lot better than O/U' s (usually, some models suck in SxS' s and some are amazing in O/U' s), I never really need more than two shots (unless I' m rabbit hunting) and the ol' fashioned feel it gives a hunt is REALLY appealing.
Old 08-18-2003, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

I have 3 Fox Savages, 12ga,20ga,and 410. Love all 3 and have pumps and autos. Take them double troubles any day over the rest. Zeak

Quick Reply: come back of the side by side

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.