Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
Ankle holters: Practical or not? >

Ankle holters: Practical or not?

Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Ankle holters: Practical or not?

Old 08-08-2011, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

a buddy O' mine has a lil 32 er 35 thats the size of a billfold, its black, and has a hole fer a trigger finger...someone demands your money..let em have it...i looked online and couldnt find it, i put in a call but no answer.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmm, that brings up an interesting idea. What about putting a Ruger LCP into a custom made fake wallet, with a finger hole for the trigger, and a port for the breech? Magnetic closure to hold the wallet closed around the wallet unless you want to pull it out. Hiding in plain sight.

I'm a leatherworker, so I may play with this idea this week and see how the LCP functions with an over-wrap.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

If you ever find yourself in a tough spot, you sure will be glad that you're wearing one !
Old 08-08-2011, 03:28 PM
Fork Horn

Like some said, rather have one than not. I use a galco ankle holster with a j-frame while on duty wrapped around my boot and I forget it's there. It uses Velcro and is very secure and has never come off while running. While qualifying we have to run 50 yards to make sure it doesn't come off. Tried wearing it with low shoes and can't stand the feel of it. Off duty I just put it in my pocket.