HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Guns (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/)
-   -   Sub-compact 9mm? Beretta PX4? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns/347588-sub-compact-9mm-beretta-px4.html)

salukipv1 08-02-2011 11:44 AM

Sub-compact 9mm? Beretta PX4?

Anyone out there have the Beretta PX4? in 9mm??

This little gun looks pretty nifty, 13rounds I think it holds in a sub compact form,

have sorta been thinking about a compact or sub compact 9mm, a concealed carry type weapon, hate the idea of only having 6 or 7 rounds in a sub compact, would like 10+

Any other sub compact or compact suggestions to consider?

Really looking for a concealed carry type pistol
In 9mm
10+ capacity ideally

country1 08-02-2011 08:01 PM

I do not own own, but I have shot the PX4 sub-compact. It shots okay. You may also want to look at models from Ruger, Springfield, Sig, H&K or Glock. I did not list S&W due to recalls for improper headspacing the last few years. I also know of multiple M&P's that experienced failures of internal components, but these were early M&P full size models.

Don't rule out the compact 1911's. Most are not double stack mags, but there are numerous people with double stacks that would be more accurate and quicker with a single stack.

See if there is a range or gun club where you can shoot different models.

trader74 08-04-2011 11:35 AM

springfield xdm awesome gun. comes with a extended mag, that extends the grip and round capacity.

VAhuntr 08-04-2011 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by salukipv1 (Post 3829587)
Anyone out there have the Beretta PX4? in 9mm??

This little gun looks pretty nifty, 13rounds I think it holds in a sub compact form,

have sorta been thinking about a compact or sub compact 9mm, a concealed carry type weapon, hate the idea of only having 6 or 7 rounds in a sub compact, would like 10+

Any other sub compact or compact suggestions to consider?

Really looking for a concealed carry type pistol
In 9mm
10+ capacity ideally

I carry a full size PX4 in 40 S&W on duty every day and like the pistol, although I preferred the Beretta 96. Some of our department administrators carry the subcompact PX4 in 40 S&W. They seem to like it and it looks to be a good pistol. As others have suggested, there are so many choices it is really going to boil down to personal preference.

hometheaterman 08-04-2011 08:26 PM

I'd take a look at Glock if it was me. It's what most of the other pistols strive to be.

VAhuntr 08-05-2011 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by hometheaterman (Post 3830486)
I'd take a look at Glock if it was me. It's what most of the other pistols strive to be.

I carry a Glock 27 as my off duty/back up weapon and am 100% confident with it. However, the subcompact Beretta PX4 feels better in my hand and has proven accurate and reliable.

ipscshooter 08-05-2011 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by hometheaterman (Post 3830486)

Well... Yeah.... All the little brain-dead democrat pistols strive to be Glocks. All the ones that have any sense strive to be 1911's.:)

Sfury 08-05-2011 07:04 AM

So, with the pistol comments made, what do all revolvers aspire to be then?

As far as it goes for the OP, go out and handle the guns. Shoot them if you can. Pick the one that feels the best. It's game over when you do that. You should have no doubt that you made the best choice then.

Bible_Man 08-07-2011 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by ipscshooter (Post 3830602)
Well... Yeah.... All the little brain-dead democrat pistols strive to be Glocks. All the ones that have any sense strive to be 1911's.:)

LOL...Nice.

marquismarc 08-08-2011 09:40 AM

I will put another vote in for Glock.