Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Guns
 How ya' ll doing? >

How ya' ll doing?

Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

How ya' ll doing?

Old 08-06-2003, 10:22 AM

Default How ya' ll doing?

Just discovered this place and thought I' d drift over and check it out.

I am a 50-year big (6-3, 280) Bald, Ugly Texan.

I spent 15 years goofing off working as a newspaper reporter, photographer and editor before I began my law enforcement career in 1992. Since that time I have worked as a jailer, police officer (K-9 handler, intoxilyzer operator, entry team member) and the last seven years - almost - as a federal immigration inspector.

My family has been on this continent since around 1770 and never lived any further north than North Carolina. Most of them lived and died in Georgia (Savannah and Fort Gaines), but my great grandfather drifted over to East Texas around 1890. On my mother' s side, some of my ancestors were here as early as 1842 while Texas was still a republic.

I began shooting when I was five years old and the first gun that was ever mine was a bolt action Mossberg 20-guage that my dad traded for a 32.20 Colt Single Action Army. I got that gun when I was 9 and it is the only gun I will never sell, since I figure it' s worth about $2,000 and the rest of the world figures 40 bucks.

My main area of expertise in firearms is getting by without spending a lot of money. I also have spent a lot of time studying, shooting and reworking Mauser rifles... mostly the very underrated Model 93.

Those of you who participate in the shooting forum on Outdoorsbest.com will know me as wsutlive.

I hope to have fun here with a whole new group of gun nuts.
Old 08-06-2003, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How ya' ll doing?

Welcome to the board Big One[8D]

There are a few people here who shoot mausers alot. I collect and shoot Mauser 96' s and 98' s. Shoot some trap, high power rifle, and sometimes go hunting in the fall.

Hope you stick around, sometimes we have some pretty good threads here. I subscribe to a half dozen gun boards but this one I look at every day.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:03 PM

Glad to be here:

The place I go every day is sponsored by the people who publish Guns and Ammo and several other magazines.

http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zeroforum?id=39
Old 08-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome aboard BUBT
Old 08-07-2003, 03:57 PM

welcome to the site
Old 08-08-2003, 12:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

WELCOME!!
Old 08-08-2003, 10:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey, Muy Grande! Where y' all from? I spent some time in TX - Ft. Worth (born there), College Station & Fort Hood/Lampasas area.

Welcome!

Old 08-08-2003, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to the board BUBT! You can' t ever have too many Texans onboard!
Old 08-08-2003, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where abouts in Texas are you from. I am from Fred Tx, not to far from JagMagMan as the crow flies.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Frizz, I knew you were from Texas, and I knew you lived in Bossier, but I didn' t know you were from the big city of Fred! I have hunted in the Fred and Spurger areas many years back!
BTW, my father-in-law lives up in Bossier. We have not been getting up there too often lately.
However, I have a feeling we will be visiting much more often once the new Bass Pro opens up!!!!!
I' ll get with you before I go up there, maybe we can get together, but with hunting season getting closer, it may not be before December or January!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.